British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sunday Roast in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sunday-roast-dubai-604487/)

pauldxb Apr 20th 2009 1:21 pm

Sunday Roast in Dubai

Sorry i mean Friday Roast, where can you get the best. A pal of mine swears by Dubliners near the Airport, ive been there & it was ok, ive heard the irish village does a mean Friday roast

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Sunday Roast in Dubai

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7496276)
Sorry i mean Friday Roast, where can you get the best. A pal of mine swears by Dubliners near the Airport, ive been there & it was ok, ive heard the irish village does a mean Friday roast

I think they do one at Emirates Golf Club, at least they used to, might be worth ringing them.

Sandboy Apr 20th 2009 1:30 pm

it really is turning into expatwoman

Madam Medusa Apr 20th 2009 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7496303)
I think they do one at Emirates Golf Club, at least they used to, might be worth ringing them.

they do it on a saturday...and it ain't like mamma used to make for sure, wouldn't recommend it...

MM, xx

Cry haddock Apr 20th 2009 1:32 pm

Dubliners food has got a little worse recently - having said that you get your breakfast or dinner and 3 drinks for 50 Dhs on a Friday. Bargain.
The village is still the bet though i think, by a mile.
CH

Shadya Apr 20th 2009 1:35 pm

We had the Irish Village roast lamb dinner on a Weds night. It was good value at Dhs48...the Friday roast buffet costs Dhs80 if my memory serves me right. Hubby swears by the Waxy O'Connors weekend roast...but you knew that already.

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7496313)
they do it on a saturday...and it ain't like mamma used to make for sure, wouldn't recommend it...

MM, xx

so that's gone downhill as well :( best British Dinners are at Jebel Ali Club (cheap) and the Rivington Grill (so MM tells us) :thumbup:

Madam Medusa Apr 20th 2009 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7496330)
so that's gone downhill as well :( best British Dinners are at Jebel Ali Club (cheap) and the Rivington Grill (so MM tells us) :thumbup:

no the food was good quality...just not the basic simple roast, gravy and veg that you crave...rivington only does a roast as a special on one night of the week i think, not sure which one though...

i would love to find a place here that does a proper sunday roast...

MM, xx

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7496353)
no the food was good quality...just not the basic simple roast, gravy and veg that you crave...rivington only does a roast as a special on one night of the week i think, not sure which one though...

i would love to find a place here that does a proper sunday roast...

MM, xx

the only place left is Jebel Ali Club, honestly, let me treat you one day :)

Madam Medusa Apr 20th 2009 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7496465)
the only place left is Jebel Ali Club, honestly, let me treat you one day :)

it's a deal...err, where is it...?

MM, xx

Spugsy Apr 20th 2009 2:32 pm

I've had the IV one, it was pretty good but nothing special, I had it with chips and 2 bottles of brown ale,

MMMMM!

BangleMan Apr 20th 2009 2:36 pm

mate, you must be the size of a house, never seen so many threads from one person on where to eat or go to drink....lol

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7496472)
it's a deal...err, where is it...?

MM, xx

next to Jebel Ali school, and don't dress up :p

Roadking Apr 20th 2009 2:40 pm

Is this the alternative to yer other thread? What I miss that it was deleted?

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7496503)
Is this the alternative to yer other thread? What I miss that it was deleted?

didn't miss anything, think there was some personal stuff on there Paul deemed better not to share.

move on Sir...