British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sunday Morning Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sunday-morning-thread-912967/)

scrubbedexpat141 May 20th 2018 5:40 am

Sunday Morning Thread

Morning all,

****ing Sunday mornings eh? What happened to this weekend? What's happening this week?

I was fortunate enough to bump into two forum members over the weekend, thanks to camping in the pub it seems, although I don't feel like I was actually in there that much.
Round of golf was extremely poor and the worst in a long time, not certain why but also certain I need to crack into some more lessons and range time.
Managed to spend some good quality time with the mrs which is always a a highlight.
Woke up this morning dreading working for another five days but remembered the short days and studying I have to do in the afternoons! Joy of joys.

Anyone have a good weekend? Got a good week ahead?

TheShed May 20th 2018 5:58 am

Re: Sunday Morning Thread

Gotta say, it was an unusually nice weekend. Lots of cooking on Friday for the week ahead. Had all of the family around for the wedding yesterday and it actually felt a bit British with all the cakes and scones. And then of course, I went to the pub last night to watch us lift the cup. I liked my weekend this week :-)

scrubbedexpat141 May 20th 2018 6:06 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 12502409)
Gotta say, it was an unusually nice weekend. Lots of cooking on Friday for the week ahead. Had all of the family around for the wedding yesterday and it actually felt a bit British with all the cakes and scones. And then of course, I went to the pub last night to watch us lift the cup. I liked my weekend this week :-)

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the royal wedding too, glad I didn't go out to watch it either, was nice to sit at home and enjoy it.

jam25mack May 20th 2018 8:20 am

I met a forum member on Thursday too..... was pretty pissed tho so my chat was probably weak at best. He was a bit of a knob tho so all evened out! :-) (only joking of course)

Friday did pretty much bugger all other than clothes washing and vegetating.

Saturday I washed my pussies and then went out for the football. Good afternoon in the pub but pretty poor game. Not a good promotion of UK football in anyone's eyes.

Now in work feeling..... OK.... just.... which is surprising seeing a someone decided it would be a good idea to buy me 5 shots for my birthday last night even though its not for another week.

Think it maybe a short day. Have a 2 day site walkover Mon and tues and then I am off on leave Weds silly early am. Boom!

Irishbeekeeper May 20th 2018 8:30 am

3rd (or is it 4th? cant remember) day of abstinence and done with the withdrawal symptoms. More time with the kids and got to sleep a lot. Perfect time to take the kids to the pool in the afternoons these days!

jam25mack May 20th 2018 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 12502446)
3rd (or is it 4th? cant remember) day of abstinence and done with the withdrawal symptoms. More time with the kids and got to sleep a lot. Perfect time to take the kids to the pool in the afternoons these days!

I generally drop the kids off at the pool daily!