Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Sun Sun Sun Hot Hot Hot!!!!!!!

Sun Sun Sun Hot Hot Hot!!!!!!!

Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:14 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sun Sun Sun Hot Hot Hot!!!!!!!

So who is enjoying the good ole UAE Summertime?
Just read this about the UK............................................:rof l:

Thought it was summer? Well think again.

Summer washout set to continue

Parts of Britain will see up to a month's worth of rain dumped on them today, leading to localised flooding and possible travel problems.

With no sign of the sun, much of south and central England and parts of Wales will wake up to leaden skies and torrential rain.

South Wales will bear the brunt of the wet weather and could see up to three-quarters of the month's average rainfall in one day, forecasters said.

The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for central and southern England.

Sky's Weather Presenter Sarah Pennock said many places will see an inch or more rain fall in the next 15 hours.

"For southern parts of Wales and the south west of England this is falling on already saturated ground so there is a risk of local flooding particularly through the Welsh valleys and the Moors.

"The rain is persistent, slow moving and heavy in places, in fact even torrential south of the M4 corridor, making driving conditions difficult.

"The rain will take its time to advance to northern England and Southern Scotland only clearing southern parts of England and Wales by dawn on Thursday."

But she said the heavy rain would be short lived with much of it clearing Thursday evening.

On Friday there will be sunshine and showers with the temperatures creeping up to the low 20's.

Britain's summer has been a patchy affair with a fine May followed by weeks of sunshine and showers.

The Met Office said this summer is unlikely to be a scorcher.

"We continue to predict an enhanced chance of more frequent cloudy and cool spells compared to recent summers prior to 2007," it says in its update summer forecast.

"Nevertheless, mean temperatures are more likely to be above the 1971-2000 average.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sun Sun Sun Hot Hot Hot!!!!!!!

Give me a summer rainstorm any day in preference to this oppressive heat.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:45 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Give me a summer rainstorm any day in preference to this oppressive heat.
or like in thailand where its lovely and hot then bang, it just lashes down solid for an hour, then its lovely and hot again...
Old Jul 10th 2008, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh no. Love the heat, wouldn't want to be without it! Riyadh has been in the steady high 40's for the last few weeks, 47/48 on a regular basis.

The heat is very dry though, as we're not near any coast, so I think its more bearable as there no humidity whatsoever.

I'm off back to the UK soon,my first trip back since arriving here, and wonder How I'll handle the British Summertime - will I be walking around in big jumpers complaining of the cold?

Looking forward to the Saudi winter though out of curiousity, just wonder how cold it will get.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 6:51 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Oooh no. Love the heat, wouldn't want to be without it! Riyadh has been in the steady high 40's for the last few weeks, 47/48 on a regular basis.

The heat is very dry though, as we're not near any coast, so I think its more bearable as there no humidity whatsoever.

I'm off back to the UK soon,my first trip back since arriving here, and wonder How I'll handle the British Summertime - will I be walking around in big jumpers complaining of the cold?

Looking forward to the Saudi winter though out of curiousity, just wonder how cold it will get.
I'm well up for xmas back in the Toon, by nice warm hoody and bodywarmer, wooly hat and get lashed up in and falling over in the snow.

Ace.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Your not missing anything in Blighty believe me !

The weather is awful, roll on Sunday when I am on my way back to Abu Dhabi !
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:44 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
Your not missing anything in Blighty believe me !

The weather is awful, roll on Sunday when I am on my way back to Abu Dhabi !
My mate texed me today said she was on her way to work soaked through and fighting her way through the strong wind!...............

She also hoped id get sunburnt today..........not very nice........
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Just back from the UK, bloody freezing (well a little chilly)! I was looking forward to a bit of rain so the first morning on the golf course was quite pleasant getting a bit wet. By Thursday last week though I was well and truly sick of it. Flew back yesterday where it was sunny and a pleasant 23 degrees.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:47 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

this part of the world will become green with rivers as it was in the past

someone said that who never lies.. and who always say the truth

in his saying he stated two facts

fact number 1 .... this part of the world was green with rivers around (which explains how oil is here now)

fact number 2 .... this part of the world is going back to what it was before (global warming is supporting this idea)

Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:50 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
We had the heaters on in the villa last winter, and they were forecasting snow

(actually we eventually had the heaters on, because the compound had rewired them so the heater part didn't work )
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:51 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Beard Man
this part of the world will become green with rivers as it was in the past

someone said that who never lies.. and who always say the truth

in his saying he stated two facts

fact number 1 .... this part of the world was green with rivers around (which explains how oil is here now)

fact number 2 .... this part of the world is going back to what it was before (global warming is supporting this idea)

desert will never, ever become greenery Beardman. No matter who told you.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:58 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
desert will never, ever become greenery Beardman. No matter who told you.
that's your opinion
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:36 am
why ayeeeee man!

that's your opinion
what do you base this on then? Scientific proof?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:13 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

that's your opinion
Answer me this, Beardman...why do your Imans or whatever (the preachers in the mosques) have to scream at the top of their voices at 4am and then again at 4.45am, waking all the babies in the neighborhood...and why do they have such whining voices? Enough to deter any normal person from ever going inside.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:29 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
So who is enjoying the good ole UAE Summertime?
Just read this about the UK............................................:rof l:

Thought it was summer? Well think again.

Summer washout set to continue

Parts of Britain will see up to a month's worth of rain dumped on them today, leading to localised flooding and possible travel problems.

With no sign of the sun, much of south and central England and parts of Wales will wake up to leaden skies and torrential rain.

South Wales will bear the brunt of the wet weather and could see up to three-quarters of the month's average rainfall in one day, forecasters said.

The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for central and southern England.

Sky's Weather Presenter Sarah Pennock said many places will see an inch or more rain fall in the next 15 hours.

"For southern parts of Wales and the south west of England this is falling on already saturated ground so there is a risk of local flooding particularly through the Welsh valleys and the Moors.

"The rain is persistent, slow moving and heavy in places, in fact even torrential south of the M4 corridor, making driving conditions difficult.

"The rain will take its time to advance to northern England and Southern Scotland only clearing southern parts of England and Wales by dawn on Thursday."

But she said the heavy rain would be short lived with much of it clearing Thursday evening.

On Friday there will be sunshine and showers with the temperatures creeping up to the low 20's.

Britain's summer has been a patchy affair with a fine May followed by weeks of sunshine and showers.

The Met Office said this summer is unlikely to be a scorcher.

"We continue to predict an enhanced chance of more frequent cloudy and cool spells compared to recent summers prior to 2007," it says in its update summer forecast.

"Nevertheless, mean temperatures are more likely to be above the 1971-2000 average.
Oh joy of ****ing joys. Thanks for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.