Summer travel

Old Jun 13th 2021, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Summer travel

So who has thrown caution to the wind and booked? I've got serious FOMO but can't see the point of booking anything until the last minute given the way that rules change every 5 minutes.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Summer travel

Originally Posted by csdf
So who has thrown caution to the wind and booked? I've got serious FOMO but can't see the point of booking anything until the last minute given the way that rules change every 5 minutes.
Going to wait. Reality is that U.K. is out but that doesn’t stop be going somewhere else.
Old Jun 13th 2021, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

weve got direct flights booked for late July to the UK but that’s looking iffy….. we are now thinking of going back via relatives for 10 days in Spain (canaries) and then do home quarantine when we eventually get to the UK if still amber.
Old Jun 14th 2021, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think there's a chance that the UAE bans flights from the UK? Or are you just concerned about being in the UK during wave #217?
Old Jun 14th 2021, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think there's a chance that the UAE bans flights from the UK? Or are you just concerned about being in the UK during wave #217?
neither …. I just don’t want to do the forced hotel quarantine…… we’d rather spend 10 days in Spain and then home quarantine in UK (assuming Spain still amber)

The only thing that could develop in Dubai is the Abu Dhabi lead of removing UK from green list. But as long as it’s home quarantine I’ll worry about that when I get back.
Old Jun 14th 2021, 2:06 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Spain for us in mid-July, all booked up.
I will avoid the UK this time and travel direct from KSA to meet the family in Malaga.
We're all double vaccinated, so that might help reduce the testing and quarantine burden, but who knows, we'll figure it out...
Old Jun 15th 2021, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

I think we're just going to go for the hotel quarantine as I don't think I can get a Schengen visa for my wife. We're relocating back after losing my job and really can't be bothered with all the hassle of dragging 2 young kids and a heap of luggage around and worrying where to get PCR tests. We should be able to do it in Scotland though which looks infinitely better than the prison camps around Heathrow.
Old Jun 15th 2021, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gavtek
I think we're just going to go for the hotel quarantine as I don't think I can get a Schengen visa for my wife. We're relocating back after losing my job and really can't be bothered with all the hassle of dragging 2 young kids and a heap of luggage around and worrying where to get PCR tests. We should be able to do it in Scotland though which looks infinitely better than the prison camps around Heathrow.
Do you get any choice of hotel in Scotland ?
Old Jun 15th 2021, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
No. I travelled back recently and flew to Edinburgh via Frankfurt. The process on arrival was painless and the hotel (Hilton Doubletree) was ok. Food was mostly satisfactory and you could order room service or from outside too. Got outside 3-4 times every day, reasonably big area to exercise and managed 10km each day.
Old Jun 15th 2021, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Originally Posted by UKMS
No but you have more choices of airports (Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen) than you do with England (Heathrow and Birmingham).
Old Jun 15th 2021, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Sounds like Scotland might be the way to go even from an amber if the queues are still ridiculous at LHR to get through immigration
Old Jun 15th 2021, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm half tempted to try Iceland, cos after 11 days there you're into the UK with no quarantine at all. The problem (apart from the 14 hour journey with 3 small children) would be if it goes off the green list whilst you're there. Sounds like everyone and their dog is going there, including UK-based friends of mine who are just after an international holiday.
Old Jun 15th 2021, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

I'm half tempted to try Iceland, Sounds like everyone and their dog is going there, including UK-based friends of mine who are just after an international holiday.
The power of those Kerry Katona 'mum's been to Iceland' ads...
Old Jun 16th 2021, 8:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Meant to be getting married in the UK in early August.

Half hoping it all stays red so we move it for the third time and can justify not going back there at all this year. Would love a proper holiday somewhere, no time off since early December is starting to grind and I've got loads of leave to take.

If the UK stays red, we'll look to go somewhere nice that's open-ish. Unfortunately it might limit us a lot but not started looking yet to be honest.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Going nowhere , we live in a holiday resort man .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.