British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Summer Hotel Deals? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/summer-hotel-deals-618374/)

Autonomy Jul 5th 2009 6:39 am

Summer Hotel Deals?

Anyone seen any Summer deals for top end places?

Al Maha
Zighy Bay

others?

Autonomy Jul 5th 2009 7:19 am

Re: Summer Hotel Deals?

additional...

Has anyone been to:

Zighy Bay
Al Maha
Banyan Tree Bahrain
Chedi Muscat
Shangri La Muscat

?

Been to the Chedi - but not the others.

Looking for a very good hotel experience. What's been your best Summer short break experience in this region?

MacScot Jul 5th 2009 7:27 am

Oman Air offers 'Great escape to Salalah" holidays

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA20090603033952/Oman%20Air%20Holidays%20offers%20'Great%20Escape%2 0to%20Salalah'

Worth checking out some of the deals online...Salalah is cooler this time of year and green.

lionheart Jul 5th 2009 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7724658)
Anyone seen any Summer deals for top end places?

Those last three words put me right off...

Blue Cat Jul 5th 2009 7:54 am

I haven't heard of any deals to be honest with you, quite disappointing. Where is Zighy Beach?

Edited to add, Al Maha do have a promotion but I can't remember what it is !

TGFKASE Jul 5th 2009 7:55 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7724751)

Id be willing to pay more just to make sure I don't see your miserable face around the pool, moaning at the price of a Diet Coke.....

Autonomy Jul 5th 2009 7:56 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7724751)

I really didn't expect you to come up with the goods on this question...

Lionheart posting guidelines:

Has someone died yes/no?
Does it involve being very cheap yes/no?

If yes - then post....

Blue Cat Jul 5th 2009 7:56 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7724772)
Id be willing to pay more just to make sure I don't see your miserable face around the pool, moaning at the price of a Diet Coke.....

he would bring his own diet coke .....

jrudofsky Jul 5th 2009 9:08 am

They are all doing 'deals' eg. Stay two nights and get a third free (although with the Zighy Bay offer not even breakfast is included). If you go to Al Maha with someone from Emirates the deal is excellent. Some of these offers have been in Time Out and are for GCC residents.

shiva Jul 5th 2009 9:15 am

been to evason at ziggy bay.
beautiful villas with great little private pools and beach view. Recommened it soley on the rooms as the staff were absolutely appaling when we were there and i dont just mean the usual level of shite, this lot set a new standard in crap service. That said I will go back cos we loved the room/pool peace thing.

think i heard they are doing a pay for one night get two free offer in a summer "pleasecomeandstaywithuscoswere****ed" deal

al maha, not stayed but heard a lot of first hand reviews that rate it highly.

bab al shams: aka bab al shambles again lovely rooms shoite service. they always have a summer deal.

if your after a good overall hotel experience then go outside the gulf, in fact go here and then judge every other hotel as crap for the rest of your life, seriously the oriental sets a level of service that is unmatched anywhere else imho
http://www.mandarinoriental.com/bangkok/

Spugsy Jul 5th 2009 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7724773)
I really didn't expect you to come up with the goods on this question...

Has someone died yes/no?

If yes - then post....

arf arf!

I believe all shangri la hotels are half price right now in the ME, so have ytou been to the one in Oman? It looks ****ing great.

lionheart Jul 5th 2009 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7724773)

Has someone died yes/no?

If yes - then post....

And you call yourself a Moderator? :rofl:

Meow Jul 5th 2009 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7724719)
additional...

Has anyone been to:

Zighy Bay
Al Maha
Banyan Tree Bahrain
Chedi Muscat
Shangri La Muscat

?

Been to the Chedi - but not the others.

Looking for a very good hotel experience. What's been your best Summer short break experience in this region?

I was at the Chedi a couple of months ago and many of the standard rooms are looking very tired and shabby. We were upgraded to a villa which was lovely, but the food was very hit and miss. Not as good as they think they are.

The Shangri-La in Muscat, the Barr al Jissah whch is three hotels, is nice provided you avoid the cheaper 'family' hotel. The so-called 'business' one, Al Bandar is good though. Decent range of restaurants and nice pools. I was last there a couple of years ago.

What about the Anantara place outside AD? Him indoors has all the info on it. Stayed at a sister place in The Maldives and that was fab.

-

weescot Jul 5th 2009 12:10 pm

:thumbup:shangrila Muscat is really nice and in a cool location - 50% off at the moment. Of the 3 hotels, Al Husan is the high end one and very very nice, although there is some constuction clos eby the beach. Evening entertainment includes traditional Omani bagpipers playing Scottish music :) lazy river is great fun...

lionheart Jul 5th 2009 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 7725259)
Evening entertainment includes traditional Omani bagpipers playing Scottish music ...

Aaaaagh!:eek: