British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Summer Holidays (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/summer-holidays-861356/)

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 7th 2015 8:30 am

Summer Holidays

Afternoon Members of the Esteemed Bored,

Who's got their summer holiday(s) planned?

Who's already been?

I'm firmly in '**** this work shit, I'm going on holiday' mode because midnight Thursday I'll be on my way to the airport for two weeks of doing nothing in the Philippines. My wonderful fat arse can't wait.

Only downside is the weather looks toss, but I don't care. If I want nothing but sun I'll stay here.

Philippines next week, Berlin in September, UK for Xmas. Nice three trips to look forward to.

Where are you all headed to?

Pica Jul 7th 2015 9:04 am

Re: Summer Holidays

Going nowhere but days at the beach and other places. My garden needs watering twice a day and after all the toil and soil and expense I'm not leaving it to die! Probably will take a short trip to the UK in the autumn but only because it's expected of me I don't really want to go :(
However, do enjoy your trip to the Philippines.

DXBtoDOH Jul 7th 2015 9:04 am

See each other at the airport?

UK from this Thursday for half a week then ten days in Normandy/Brittany. Was expecting rain and grey skies but looks like it'll be a roaster on the rocky beaches of France by the time I get there

Kenya in September.

Maldives in early December for a long weekend.

UK for Christmas.

Was thinking either Thailand or Philippines next February/March for two weeks. Been to Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Singapore, HK and Malaysia but not Thailand. It's usually the other way around for most people.

Would like to go to Iran next year too.

Big_Show Jul 7th 2015 9:10 am

I'm heading back to the UK next week and staying there for a full four weeks. Plenty of visiting friends & trips to the pub planned out.

USA in September/October, then back home again for Christmas too. With perhaps a cheeky weekend over in Dubai/Abu Dhabi thrown in for good measure too.

mikewot Jul 7th 2015 10:08 am

At the start of Eid flying to Singapore (went last year), then Cambodia for a few days, back to Singapore then back here. UK for big Eid holibags.

shiva Jul 7th 2015 10:14 am

Went to Italy

Came back

It sucks

mikewot Jul 7th 2015 10:15 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11693560)
Went to Italy

Came back

It sucks

But not quite as badly as Greece. OXI!

NorthernLad Jul 7th 2015 10:15 am

This is the first summer I've really struggled here - wife and daughter back in UK to escape the heat so I've been living on junk food and beer.

Got a week in London then two weeks in Durham in August to look forward to.

Focusing on going back in September though, got tickets for England v Wales RWC so that will hopefully be a memorable weekend. Or one to forget.

Pica Jul 7th 2015 10:36 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11693560)
Went to Italy

Came back

It sucks

Whereabouts did you go? What displeased you?

shiva Jul 7th 2015 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Pica (Post 11693569)
Whereabouts did you go? What displeased you?

Italy was great it's the being back that sucks

Millhouse Jul 7th 2015 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 11693551)
At the start of Eid flying to Singapore (went last year), then Cambodia for a few days, back to Singapore then back here. UK for big Eid holibags.

sex tourist.

Millhouse Jul 7th 2015 1:13 pm

UK - camping in the rolling hills of Derbyshire. Mucho cider to be consumed.

Planning to wangle a work from home arrangement so it doesn't cost me too much annual leave.

Then... I'm thinking a long weekend in China and Kenya.

mikewot Jul 7th 2015 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11693694)
sex tourist.

My wife might disagree.

Beakersful Jul 8th 2015 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11693695)
UK - camping in the rolling hills of Derbyshire. Mucho cider to be consumed.

Rainbows?

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 8th 2015 4:37 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 11693562)
This is the first summer I've really struggled here - wife and daughter back in UK to escape the heat so I've been living on junk food and beer.

Got a week in London then two weeks in Durham in August to look forward to.

Focusing on going back in September though, got tickets for England v Wales RWC so that will hopefully be a memorable weekend. Or one to forget.

After holiday I've got 3-4 weeks with the Mrs back in the UK. What normally happens is; first week - booze on school nights, take aways but keep the place semi respectable. Second week - bit more chaos, but a bit less boozing on school nights. Third week - abject misery and desperation for her to just come home. Slight depression because there is the realisation that actually, life without her would so horridly bang average and it makes you feel fully dependent on another person, which is sort of scary. Fourth week - who is she? What does she look like? Why am I having to book a maid for this stranger's return?

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11693695)
Then... I'm thinking a long weekend in China and Kenya.

China?