Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Suggestions please for a long weekend away...

Suggestions please for a long weekend away...

Old Aug 24th 2011, 5:22 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggestions please for a long weekend away...

Originally Posted by commander
thanks!!
Kids aren't allowed there I think??
Old Aug 25th 2011, 3:53 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
al qasr is very child friendly, but probably doesn't have a good deal on...! in oman, the grand hyatt is good for kids, we went when mine were 1 and 3 and we all had a great time...

MM, xx
I talked to my wife last night (it was meant to be a surprise but i am so rubbish at making decisions, she needs to help me surprise her lol)

We (she) thinks that Oman is too far to drive with the little one.

I am a little concerned about going to a Dubai Hotel..I need to get away for a complete break. If i am in DXB, im always a 10min trip to the office should things go sideways etc..

May go back up to the Hilton at RAK...

cheers anyway
Old Aug 25th 2011, 6:44 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

Having looked for my boss, the Shangri-La at Muscat is running at around 2,000 AED for a room per night for a family of 3 (2 adults plus 1 child under 12). Also, very limited availability.

Qasr Al Sarab was nearly half this price and driveable.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 6:56 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I talked to my wife last night (it was meant to be a surprise but i am so rubbish at making decisions, she needs to help me surprise her lol)

We (she) thinks that Oman is too far to drive with the little one.

I am a little concerned about going to a Dubai Hotel..I need to get away for a complete break. If i am in DXB, im always a 10min trip to the office should things go sideways etc..

May go back up to the Hilton at RAK...

cheers anyway
what about Jebel Ali Hotel? was there the other week for the day and it was really nice
Old Aug 25th 2011, 7:04 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tillybean
Having looked for my boss, the Shangri-La at Muscat is running at around 2,000 AED for a room per night for a family of 3 (2 adults plus 1 child under 12). Also, very limited availability.

Qasr Al Sarab was nearly half this price and driveable.
na, its a bit cheaper than that....

Dear Mr. xxxxxx-xxxxxxx

Thank you for your email.

Please find below our availability and best rates on your requested dates:

Al Waha Hotel - Superior rooms = OMR 138.00
- Superior Sea view rooms = OMR 170.00
- Executive Sea view rooms = OMR 213.00

Above rates is per room per night subject to 17% taxes inclusive of buffet breakfast.

Should you proceed with the booking kindly advice together with the credit card details to guarantee.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 7:04 am
banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
what about Jebel Ali Hotel? was there the other week for the day and it was really nice
cause my work is in Jebel Ali.....
Old Aug 25th 2011, 7:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

cause my work is in Jebel Ali.....
Hatta Fort? we enjoyed it up there
Old Aug 28th 2011, 8:51 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

We went to Kempinksi in Ajman a few months back, 550dh for a room or 1700dh for a suite. It's a nice hotel, felt like we had left the UAE completely.
Great beach and a sports bar with bowling alleys/darts/pool tables. Would definitely recommend it.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Just back from 4 nights at RAK Banyan Tree with said 5 year old and baby. We had an absolutely lovely time. The villas are great, the pools and cabanas more than adequate and being on the beach meant the kids were permanently amused. There were no other kids there but a family with a daughter that ours befriended came from the desert resort every afternoon and they played happily into the sunset. There were a few children there this morning though, spotted as we were checking out..

The one restaurant was fairly limited as was room service, which we had every night, eating on the deck once the children were asleep. However, if you organised a babysitter you could eat at the hotel next door, go to another restaurant at a hotel in RAK. Or even just go to a cafe in the mall.

The spa was great.

Definitely recommend it for some family time and want to go back.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 3:36 pm
banned

Originally Posted by al dente
Just back from 4 nights at RAK Banyan Tree with said 5 year old and baby. We had an absolutely lovely time. The villas are great, the pools and cabanas more than adequate and being on the beach meant the kids were permanently amused. There were no other kids there but a family with a daughter that ours befriended came from the desert resort every afternoon and they played happily into the sunset. There were a few children there this morning though, spotted as we were checking out..

The one restaurant was fairly limited as was room service, which we had every night, eating on the deck once the children were asleep. However, if you organised a babysitter you could eat at the hotel next door, go to another restaurant at a hotel in RAK. Or even just go to a cafe in the mall.

The spa was great.

Definitely recommend it for some family time and want to go back.
Thanks for the feedback, will give this a go sometime
Old Aug 31st 2011, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

I hear that the 'Islets of Langerhans' appear good at this time of year!