British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Stupid mosquito's/sandbugs.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/stupid-mosquitos-sandbugs-576516/)

Spugsy Dec 3rd 2008 4:15 am

Stupid mosquito's/sandbugs....

So had a great day off, spent it chilling at the one and only royal mirage, which was pretty quiet, lazing round the pool (weather could have been a bit hotter to be honest), a bit of lunch, massage, then cocktails and drinks at the rooftop terrace watching teh sunset, which was ace and a great day,

got home, bites all over my ankles, about 15 on each, had to get up about 6 times through the night for freezing cold and boiling hot showers on the bites, had to go and get some anti hystimeen (sure thats not how you spell it like) tablets and stuff to stop it itching, it's bloody AWFUL.....

what a royal pain in the arse...

admon Dec 3rd 2008 4:34 am

Re: Stupid mosquito's/sandbugs....

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7031873)
So had a great day off, spent it chilling at the one and only royal mirage, which was pretty quiet, lazing round the pool (weather could have been a bit hotter to be honest), a bit of lunch, massage, then cocktails and drinks at the rooftop terrace watching teh sunset, which was ace and a great day,

got home, bites all over my ankles, about 15 on each, had to get up about 6 times through the night for freezing cold and boiling hot showers on the bites, had to go and get some anti hystimeen (sure thats not how you spell it like) tablets and stuff to stop it itching, it's bloody AWFUL.....

don't worry, with the recession, there is a rumour that 40% of sandbugs in Dubai are about to be laid off...

Inselaffen Dec 3rd 2008 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7031873)

had it over here last week. went for a 20 minute stroll around the gardens of our condo. was bitten 20 times. and over here mozzies can carry Dengue Fever.

if you can get it over there try putting some tiger balm on the bites. works quite well.

Spugsy Dec 3rd 2008 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7031904)
had it over here last week. went for a 20 minute stroll around the gardens of our condo. was bitten 20 times. and over here mozzies can carry Dengue Fever.

if you can get it over there try putting some tiger balm on the bites. works quite well.

thats all I had in the house, and it did nowt.

The Dean Dec 3rd 2008 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7031918)
thats all I had in the house, and it did nowt.

Next time - prevention is better than cure.

Swallow a wagon-load of Vitamin B (the one they sometimes sell as "Brewers Yeast") .............. the Aussies I know swear by it............ the mosquitoes can smell it through your skin, apparently, and hate it...........

Deanfact:

Mosquitoes are also immune to AIDS.

MataHari Dec 3rd 2008 4:53 am

I had one in my knickers the other day...didn't last long

Spugsy Dec 3rd 2008 4:59 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7031945)
I had one in my knickers the other day...didn't last long

a pain in the arse or a sandbug?

MataHari Dec 3rd 2008 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7031951)
a pain in the arse or a sandbug?

yes....

Spugsy Dec 3rd 2008 5:12 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7031954)
yes....

either someone has hacked your account or you;'ve gone a wee bit crackers recently - which one is it?

MataHari Dec 3rd 2008 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7031973)
either someone has hacked your account or you;'ve gone a wee bit crackers recently - which one is it?

Xmas crackers...

TGFKASE Dec 3rd 2008 5:51 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7032026)
Xmas crackers...

Heard of saltine crackers but.....

MataHari Dec 3rd 2008 5:53 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7032029)
Heard of saltine crackers but.....

I prefer the Xmas ones...more festive

TGFKASE Dec 3rd 2008 5:55 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7032032)
I prefer the Xmas ones...more festive

You should be typing Christmas then...

MataHari Dec 3rd 2008 6:00 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7032035)
You should be typing Christmas then...

oh sorry...Christmas
not too bothered about Xmas, but crimbo makes me wanna vomit...

Roadking Dec 3rd 2008 6:02 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7032043)
oh sorry...Christmas
not too bothered about Xmas, but crimbo makes me wanna vomit...

What's life without a few XXX's...:o