Stuff to do: Riyadh

Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice
Default Stuff to do: Riyadh

Hi folks,

Just wondering what the happy-haps is on stuff-to-do for those unlucky enough not to be in a compound. i.e. no pool, gym, other westerners. I am interested in getting out into the desert (hashing?) but just to walk, not run. Any groups or gatherings would surely keep me from going insane.

Regards,
S
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice
Default Re: Stuff to do: Riyadh

Originally Posted by khitan004 View Post
Hi folks,

Just wondering what the happy-haps is on stuff-to-do for those unlucky enough not to be in a compound. i.e. no pool, gym, other westerners. I am interested in getting out into the desert (hashing?) but just to walk, not run. Any groups or gatherings would surely keep me from going insane.

Regards,
S
Welcome to the Kingdom. I dont know of any such groups or gatherings but I am sure you will get to know people from your work. What line of work are you in?

I noticed from your blog you are looking for a good apartment. I think with your budget you would be better off with a Villa. I did that for my 1st year here before I married. I had a new 5 bedroom villa all to myself.

Or you could try Rest Inn Serviced apartments off Dababb St, the street with Mama Noura on the corner opposite King Fahd Medical City. I used them for 3 months and they charged about 6000 Riyal per month.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

I looked at the Rest Inn, but the cheapest per month is around 12k. I will ring them up and talk to them directly as I found this on a third-party website. I stayed at the Ritaj on Dabbab. I've been looking at pretty much everything and villas have been coming up. Nothing with 5 bedrooms yet though!

Unfortunately I am on my own out here. I am a tutor.
Old Sep 17th 2011, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Stealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura aboutStealth Otter has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to Riyadh...
Send an email to [email protected] for info on hashing - they go out on a Friday afternoon.
Other stuff to do - if you're into Golf there's the Dirab Golf Course and also a course at the InterCon; there's the Riyadh Road Runners if you like running (I'm guessing not though from your comment about the hash); I think there's a cycling group too.
If you're interested in playing football pm me