Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Streets, live at Barasti

The Streets, live at Barasti

Old Mar 20th 2011, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Streets, live at Barasti

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
cold, was it outside then...? reckon they were a bit ambitious thinking they'd get 4,000 people, the corrs as a whole wouldn't pull that, they haven't done anything for years, have they...?

MM, xx
Well we had never been to that place before! It was a big area on the roof with a 5 foot wall! Just took lift to 8th floor and there it was.

I am sure I read something saying they expected 4000 but guess it was part of the hype to sell tickets?

Apparently members of the band have taken time out to raise families!!! (Or perhaps better to say their popularity has waned?)
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:00 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Well we had never been to that place before! It was a big area on the roof with a 5 foot wall! Just took lift to 8th floor and there it was.

I am sure I read something saying they expected 4000 but guess it was part of the hype to sell tickets?

Apparently members of the band have taken time out to raise families!!! (Or perhaps better to say their popularity has waned?)
Or they are just shit?
Old Mar 20th 2011, 10:35 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Or they are just shit?
I think they are and they are annoying as well...(but apparently they are all really nice in 'real life', lol)
Old Mar 20th 2011, 11:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I think they are and they are annoying as well...(but apparently they are all really nice in 'real life', lol)
My mate back home has some of the mother of the Corrs liver in his freezer at work.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 11:38 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

My mate back home has some of the mother of the Corrs liver in his freezer at work.
what??
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:39 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by commander
what??
Heh.

The Corrs played in the Toon some years ago, and the mother was there and she passed away that night.

She had a donor card and my mate does the tests on livers and stuff, he's a professor / doctor type.

And yeah, imagine my shock as well when he came out with that gem.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:18 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Heh.

The Corrs played in the Toon some years ago, and the mother was there and she passed away that night.

She had a donor card and my mate does the tests on livers and stuff, he's a professor / doctor type.

And yeah, imagine my shock as well when he came out with that gem.
that's a great party talking point..

I could imagine dropping that one into conversation over the dinner table when 'Breathless' starts on the background music..

Even better if the starter is chicken liver....
Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:25 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I assume it's common knowledge that Andrea Corr was a particularly close companion of a certain married Irish rock star for several years?
Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:29 pm
banned

Originally Posted by Meow
I assume it's common knowledge that Andrea Corr was a particularly close companion of a certain married Irish rock star for several years?
the dude from the Pogues...nice!!
Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:36 pm
why ayeeeee man!

that's a great party talking point..

I could imagine dropping that one into conversation over the dinner table when 'Breathless' starts on the background music..

Even better if the starter is chicken liver....
heh, 'this liver reminds me of a story....'
Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:41 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

the dude from the Pogues...nice!!

As if! But she still hasn't found what she's looking for.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:45 pm
banned

As if! But she still hasn't found what she's looking for.
ahh very criptic. That'll be Bob Geldof
Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:46 pm
Bored liberal

You're not as daft as some, even if your spelling is lousy...

Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:47 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:49 pm
banned

You're not as daft as some, even if your spelling is lousy...

your right, my spelling is woeful.

Its because im a chav

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.