Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Stranger things have happened at hotels!

Stranger things have happened at hotels!

Old Feb 27th 2013, 11:43 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Stranger things have happened at hotels!

I am sure all of us have seen or done crazy things in hotels. It's just something about hotels that sometimes make some people go nuts. I had a friend working in the Sheraton once and he used to tell me some absolutely hilarious stories about people acting strangely when left on their own.

Here's a classic :

http://www.break.com/pranks/naked-gu...l-room-2418798

Hats off to the guys partially visible balls, if you ask me, for making it all the way to the reception!
Old Feb 28th 2013, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stranger things have happened at hotels!

That's happened to me before, slightly different.

Went to use the loo, opened the door, took a couple of steps, realised it wasn't the toilet (I had been out for a drink or 2), too late the door had just shut behind me, I'm standing in the corridor naked. I didn't go downstairs but upstairs to a club level reception, a girl found a towel for me and got someone to let me in my room - woke a few hours later with a banging headache.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:36 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

drink or 2 equals.... ?
Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper View Post
drink or 2 equals.... ?

Quite a few; I was in Bangkok, didn't have a meeting the following day so had a relaxing pint or 6...
Old Feb 28th 2013, 6:28 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I was at a Mercedes Benz christmas shindig to celebrate the top Sales Managers in the UK. They put us up in a beautiful stately home for the night, fed us great food and more importantly great wine. The young lady I had taken with me got well oiled quite early and had to go to bed. Me being me I propped the bar up and got smashed until I realised I was the only person left. One bottle of champagne as a carry out and off I went to find my room........

I instantly regretted the decision to just dump the bags in the room without paying any attention to the name or location of said room. Girlfriend comatose in bed not answering phone, she had the Key so I thought a little persuasion with my shoulder and the selected door will open........

10 seconds later champagne still in hand I am facedown on a door in the UK Sales directors room with his wife screaming. It was an uncomfortable breakfast the next day.