Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Strange Things About Saudi Life No. 276

Strange Things About Saudi Life No. 276

Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Strange Things About Saudi Life No. 276

No. 276:

Cats and dogs are now banned.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&sect...=31&m=7&y=2008
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strange Things About Saudi Life No. 276

Originally Posted by The Dean
No. 276:

.... while Yahoo reports a slightly different reason for the decision........

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2008073...t-7f81b96.html
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:47 am
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Dean
No. 276:

Pity... Saudi nationals are scared shit less of big dogs. I remember the father of my Saudi partner had one in his walled in garden in Jeddah. Saved him from having his house robbed on several occasions. And yes, the Monkeys (a real plague in some area's of the Jeddah subburbs) don't like German Sheppard's either. Amazed me to see a monkey and dog fight for the first time.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Amazed me to see a monkey and dog fight for the first time.
****** me, sounds like something out of a film!

A monkey and a dog fighting? Who won? Did the monkey kick ass? Or did the dog just eat the monkey? Was it brutal?

We should be told.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:03 pm

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nottmbantam

A monkey and a dog fighting? Who won? Did the monkey kick ass? Or did the dog just eat the monkey? Was it brutal?

We should be told.
Hahaha... took about three minutes, watched the dog eat it afterwards. And no, not a really pleasant thing to see, won't describe the side effects it has on your tummy...
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:06 pm

We should be told.
What? Never seen them in Jeddah? Thousands of them.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:11 pm

We should be told.
http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&sect...=30&m=3&y=2008
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:17 pm

We should be told.
Now you know why padlocks are the best sold items in hardware stores in the Jeddah to Taif region. You don't lock your trash bin at night time? Boy are you in for a cleaning treat the next morning.