British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Stone Roses to Reform (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/stone-roses-reform-736106/)

Ronnie Biggs Oct 18th 2011 4:36 pm

Stone Roses to Reform

Stone Roses to Reunite for tour

Yes yes yes it can never be quite the same but I'm still buzzing about this one..... :):):):)

Oyibopeppeh Oct 18th 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Stone Roses to Reform

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 9681889)

Yes yes yes it can never be quite the same but I'm still buzzing about this one..... :):):):)

What?

They barely lasted 2 years....one excellent single (Fool's Gold), a good first album and then what?

All hype.

Ronnie Biggs Oct 18th 2011 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh (Post 9681926)
What?

They barely lasted 2 years....one excellent single (Fool's Gold), a good first album and then what?

All hype.

:blink:

Yeah, two albums...but one of them is amongst the greatest British albums of all time.

Best British Albums

Still sounds fantastic today, no hype required....

Spugsy Oct 18th 2011 7:02 pm

What?

All hype.

you been glue sniffing again?

Sandboy Oct 19th 2011 2:32 am

could actully be better than the original this, if they've all grown up and he's learned to sing

bloody brilliant first album

Oyibopeppeh Oct 19th 2011 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9682207)
you been glue sniffing again?

No, me fingers :D

shiva Oct 19th 2011 2:51 am

I'll believe it when it happens, but please god make it happen. Given that they were just about the most influential band of the last 20 years based on a debut album they have the potential to free us from simon cowell and the current craze for aspartame pop

shiva Oct 19th 2011 2:53 am

What?

All hype.

Then what, well that single good album is cited as an influence by just about every band that hasn't used auto tune in the last two decades. And it still sounds good today

Oyibopeppeh Oct 19th 2011 2:56 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 9682925)
Then what, well that single good album is cited as an influence by just about every band that hasn't used auto tune in the last two decades. And it still sounds good today

I never slagged the first album, it was a breath of fresh air to the music scene back in 1989 and it still is today.

shiva Oct 19th 2011 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh (Post 9682927)
I never slagged the first album, it was a breath of fresh air to the music scene back in 1989 and it still is today.

So not really all hype then was it

Oyibopeppeh Oct 19th 2011 3:02 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 9682929)
So not really all hype then was it

What was it now, 4 or 5 years to release the 2nd album, which of course was hyped to knock the first one off it's pedestal....That counts as hype in my book.

shiva Oct 19th 2011 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh (Post 9682933)
What was it now, 4 or 5 years to release the 2nd album, which of course was hyped to knock the first one off it's pedestal....That counts as hype in my book.

Ah so your "all hype" is now modified to second album hype, perhaps you like a chance to modify it further saying as "all" is a bit too wide for you to defend

Oyibopeppeh Oct 19th 2011 3:12 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 9682936)
Ah so your "all hype" is now modified to second album hype, perhaps you like a chance to modify it further saying as "all" is a bit too wide for you to defend

alright, just for you....anything post first album, second album, third album (?)....

shiva Oct 19th 2011 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh (Post 9682937)
alright, just for you....anything post first album, second album, third album (?)....

;)

the_red_sheep Oct 19th 2011 6:54 am

Great news, can only hope the 'extensive world tour' makes it out here.

For what it's worth I think the 2nd (proper) album is really quite good, in fact excellent. The fact it took so long, and went in a slightly different direction, and obviously wasn't as good as the first, have left it very under rated IMO.