Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013

Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013

Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of
Default Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013

Originally Posted by Scamp
I think I just did a sex wee.
Too much information...I hope I'm not stood next to you at the gig...
Old Feb 21st 2013, 4:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Robajob
Too much information...I hope I'm not stood next to you at the gig...
You'll never know.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Had the albums on loop for the last couple of days to warm up for this. Forgot how good The Second Coming actually is, despite the general malaise about it at the time.

Work, till 17:30. Drive like an Arab home. Shower, change and its beer o’clock. More beer. Gig. And possibly after party at Trilogy, Graeme Park is on the decks. All good.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:31 am
Just Joined

Leader is an unknown quantity at this point

Up at 6am
8 mile run...done!
Bacon and Eggs...done!
Working from Home (aka, watching sky sports news on t'internet)...done!
Getting picked up at 3pm
Beers at roughly 5pm
More beers at 5.05pm
Even more beers at 5.10pm
Continue cycle whilst conscious
Watch concert through beer goggles
More beers
Bed, somewhere, anywhere, so long as not in a holding cell
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Where is everyone beering it beforehand?

I'm thinkign Radi-Blu. But I don't want it to be full so can you all suggest to your mates to go somewhere else please?
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:54 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Where is everyone beering it beforehand?

I'm thinkign Radi-Blu. But I don't want it to be full so can you all suggest to your mates to go somewhere else please?
anyone know if there will be beer there? (not been to gig there before) will be on a tightish time line so may not be able to grab beer first and dont fancy a fight in the radisson blue just because we'll be thisrty and in a rush
Old Feb 21st 2013, 5:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shiva
anyone know if there will be beer there? (not been to gig there before) will be on a tightish time line so may not be able to grab beer first and dont fancy a fight in the radisson blue just because we'll be thisrty and in a rush
Got to think so. That madpad thing is unlimited grog, so assume you can buy it anyway.

Expecting 35 a pint for cost.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 6:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Got to think so. That madpad thing is unlimited grog, so assume you can buy it anyway.

Expecting 35 a pint for cost.
madpad?
Old Feb 21st 2013, 7:06 am
Account Closed

madpad?
500 chips extra, unlimited booze etc. Had to email to book.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 7:09 am
**** it we'll do it live

500 chips extra, unlimited booze etc. Had to email to book.
great so we can expect a load of folk too pissed to stand having kicked the arse out of it long before any music starts
Old Feb 21st 2013, 7:14 am
Account Closed

great so we can expect a load of folk too pissed to stand having kicked the arse out of it long before any music starts
They're right at the back on a slightly raised platform.

Place is only set up for 10,000 and not sold out....realistically 7,000? 8,000?

Should be mega. Looking forward to the taxi queue.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

They're right at the back on a slightly raised platform.

Place is only set up for 10,000 and not sold out....realistically 7,000? 8,000?

Should be mega. Looking forward to the taxi queue.
Apparently the Golden Shower, sorry Circle, section is sold out. Don't think the regular section is though.

According to my mate yesterday "think there is some madchester thing on before it- think some place beside venue?". He's not elaborated yet, and a quick Google's not come up with anything useful...
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Leader is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
According to my mate yesterday "think there is some madchester thing on before it- think some place beside venue?". He's not elaborated yet, and a quick Google's not come up with anything useful...
It'll be the madpad thing that Scamp mentioned. 500 chips for unlimited booze, half cooked grub and a shitty view of the stage. The people in the regular ticket area will be torn between abusing the golden shower lot and the madpad lot (athough if you hand over free booze that'll be appreciated
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:31 am
Account Closed

Apparently the Golden Shower, sorry Circle, section is sold out. Don't think the regular section is though.

M-Deck at Media One hotel...just had a call from a mate saying they've got happy hour on from 5-6 or something. Could be the same thing.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 8:32 am
Account Closed

M-Deck at Media One hotel...just had a call from a mate saying they've got happy hour on from 5-6 or something. Could be the same thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.