British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/stone-roses-dubai-21-feb-2013-a-777624/)

the_red_sheep Nov 14th 2012 7:48 am

Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 
Just found out about this and bought myself some tickets - http://www.thestonerosesdubai.com/

I am literally stupidly excited about it, thought my chance to see them had long since passed. :D:beer::thumbup:

benzonar Nov 14th 2012 7:54 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 
Snagged a pair myself about 20 minutes ago.

Heard about this one 6 months ago but was always dubious it might happen. So glad it is though. Now where did I put my flares ad hoodie?

the_red_sheep Nov 14th 2012 7:57 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 10381785)
Snagged a pair myself about 20 minutes ago.

Heard about this one 6 months ago but was always dubious it might happen. So glad it is though. Now where did I put my flares ad hoodie?

To be honest I figured the whole reunion would be a dreadful car crash and end up in out-of-tune tears. Extremely glad to have, so far, been proved wrong.

Any idea the capacity of the Media City venue?

rowell Nov 14th 2012 9:01 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep (Post 10381788)
To be honest I figured the whole reunion would be a dreadful car crash and end up in out-of-tune tears. Extremely glad to have, so far, been proved wrong.

Any idea the capacity of the Media City venue?

Dubai Media City Amphitheatre is an award winning venue located in the heart of Dubai Media City (DMC). DMC Amphitheatre, with its prestigious location and capacity to accommodate up to 15,000 people, has hosted a number of high profile local and international events including concerts, festivals and award ceremonies. Some of the famous events hosted by DMC Amphitheatre include: Dubai International Film Festival, Taste of Dubai and Dubai Jazz Festival.

auzdafluff Nov 14th 2012 9:05 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 10381896)
Dubai Media City Amphitheatre is an award winning venue located in the heart of Dubai Media City (DMC). DMC Amphitheatre, with its prestigious location and capacity to accommodate up to 15,000 people, has hosted a number of high profile local and international events including concerts, festivals and award ceremonies. Some of the famous events hosted by DMC Amphitheatre include: Dubai International Film Festival, Taste of Dubai and Dubai Jazz Festival.

15,000 is the standard capacity, though it can be pushed to 18,500 in certain configurations.

mentalist Nov 14th 2012 9:20 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 
I would rather go and watch Al Jarreau...not least because I honestly thought he had died some time ago.;) Incidentally, how did you guys buy the tickets when that link merely allows you to register for pre-sale in advance?

shiva Nov 14th 2012 9:27 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 
ok so in 8 years here i haven't really given a shit about any band that's visited. THIS however is a ****ing dream come true, was only just too young to be allowed to go to spike island and have wanted to see them ever since. If there is one band i would say is a favourite its the roses, holy ****ing shit the stone roses come to my doorstep.

that just made my ****ing month.

legend

2 tickets bought.

shiva Nov 14th 2012 9:29 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10381920)
I would rather go and watch Al Jarreau...not least because I honestly thought he had died some time ago.;) Incidentally, how did you guys buy the tickets when that link merely allows you to register for pre-sale in advance?

because people with no taste in music dont get the magic link

shiva Nov 14th 2012 9:37 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 

co durham boy Nov 14th 2012 9:59 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 
I went home to see them this year and i had my doubts but they were very good .
Ian Brown's voice is not the best but the band were still really tight and the crowd were good as well , proper old school . I was lucky to see them at Spike Island all them years ago , well what i remember of it !

The only thing that will not match will be the crowd . U.A.E crowds are pretty shite to be honest , a lot of them will not even know who the Roses are , they're just event cattle , it's a shame they can't just stick to making an arse of themselves at brunch !

I saw Ian Brown in Dubai a few years ago and he was pretty good but the crowd were clueless . He actually nearly chinned some pissed up fella at the front of the stage.

I'll probably still go ;)

shiva Nov 14th 2012 10:03 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 10381974)
I went home to see them this year and i had my doubts but they were very good .
Ian Brown's voice is not the best but the band were still really tight and the crowd were good as well , proper old school . I was lucky to see them at Spike Island all them years ago , well what i remember of it !

The only thing that will not match will be the crowd . U.A.E crowds are pretty shite to be honest , a lot of them will not even know who the Roses are , they're just event cattle , it's a shame they can't just stick to making a arse of themselves at brunch !

I saw Ian Brown in Dubai a few years ago and he was pretty good but the crowd were clueless . He actually nearly chinned some pissed up fella at the front of the stage.

I'll probably still go ;)

the above is why i don't do gigs here but this time its the Stone Roses so I don't even care if they turn out shite, waited a long ****ing time to see them

Meow Nov 14th 2012 11:05 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 
I too hate Dubai crowds (although they're no better in AD). You chaps are right. People often have no idea about the band/performer and would rather listen to their own idiotic voices instead of the band.

I was in two minds as I'm not a massive Stone Roses fan, but that reminder has decided for me. I'm fed up with events that I have paid good money for being ruined by selfish morons.

MataHari Nov 14th 2012 11:36 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 
have they actually made more songs than Fools gold :blink:

mentalist Nov 14th 2012 11:55 am

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 10381929)
because people with no taste in music dont get the magic link

They merely sent me a link to Time Out, which doesn't mention the concert. Furthermore, the event organiser's website doesn't mention it either. Rather odd.:confused: http://www.doneevents.com/

Meow Nov 14th 2012 1:14 pm

Re: Stone Roses in Dubai, 21 Feb 2013
 

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10382192)
They merely sent me a link to Time Out, which doesn't mention the concert. Furthermore, the event organiser's website doesn't mention it either. Rather odd.:confused: http://www.doneevents.com/

You can buy tickets on the Time Out website.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:17 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.