Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Sticker Album you have all been waiting for....

The Sticker Album you have all been waiting for....

Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default The Sticker Album you have all been waiting for....

Forget your Merlin Premier League ones this is where it's at;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/i...=468292&s=kids
Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:59 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Sticker Album you have all been waiting for....

Originally Posted by Scamp

no doubt they will sell millions
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my days....

Are the youth really going to be swapping stickers in the playground?

Merlin are Johnny Come Lately's to the party anyway.It was always Panini before that. Not as good as the SHOOT League Ladders though.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Oh my days....

Are the youth really going to be swapping stickers in the playground?

Merlin are Johnny Come Lately's to the party anyway.It was always Panini before that. Not as good as the SHOOT League Ladders though.
Thank you - I couldn't remember if it was Panini or I was just thinking of a sandwich.

No idea what a SHOOT league ladder is though - before my time perhaps?
Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Nice. That actually beats MiniMillhouse's lego sticker book.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you - I couldn't remember if it was Panini or I was just thinking of a sandwich.

No idea what a SHOOT league ladder is though - before my time perhaps?
Sheesh - where were you in the 70's?

SHOOT weekly footy magazine was great. In the build up to the start of the season, they issued a week by week tear out and keep League Ladder. Basically, it had all 92 teams on tiny little cardboard tabs, that you moved up and down according to the actual league tables and so having your very own league table.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Panini for me. Had Football 79-84 and also odd ones like Buck Rogers and Aristocats.

Got the Italian Calcio one this year - 50th Anniversary - best album ever.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:08 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

this doesn't do it justice, I used to collect them and have 83 / 84 / 85 / 86 full collections in my mams loft, but check this - ALL of them in hardback print format:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Panini...1465264&sr=1-3

I'd love one.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 6:14 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

SHOOT weekly footy magazine was great. In the build up to the start of the season, they issued a week by week tear out and keep League Ladder. Basically, it had all 92 teams on tiny little cardboard tabs, that you moved up and down according to the actual league tables and so having your very own league table.
Yeh I used to have one. I also loved playing subbuteo. Do they still sell it anywhere?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart
Yeh I used to have one. I also loved playing subbuteo. Do they still sell it anywhere?
There you go mate:

http://www.subbuteotablesoccer.com/

Still have an old Subbuteo set kicking around in me Mums house, circa late 70's. Twas the 'Floodlight Edition'.

We should start a 'Football Quiz' Thread.....

I'll get me coat.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 8:31 am
Account Closed

You unfortunately missed my birthday thread when I said I was born in '88.

My sticker albums were mixture of Merlin and Panini in the mid 90's. Never completed one.

Subbuteo was brilliant fun getting it all set up but rubbish to play with certain mates who just thought it was fun to flick everything as hard as they could, used to make me flinch as a 9yr old.