British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Stereotypical Physical Traits by Profession (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/stereotypical-physical-traits-profession-895264/)

martinbkk Apr 17th 2017 11:23 am

Re: Stereotypical Physical Traits by Profession

Merc GLA250 is a decent compromise. Quite sporty but not too 'mid-lifey'. The GLA45 is a different thing again though. A so-called 'crossover'??? that can hit the scramble to 100km/h in around 4.5 seconds from a 2 litre 4 banger is no dog. Fun if you can spec the optional launch control as well !

mission Apr 18th 2017 7:26 am

Originally Posted by martinbkk (Post 12230678)
Merc GLA250 is a decent compromise. Quite sporty but not too 'mid-lifey'. The GLA45 is a different thing again though. A so-called 'crossover'??? that can hit the scramble to 100km/h in around 4.5 seconds from a 2 litre 4 banger is no dog. Fun if you can spec the optional launch control as well !

i was looking to get the GLA45 but in the end I just didn't like the rear headlights. the GLA250 is more or less the same as the GTi.

TheShed Apr 18th 2017 7:33 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12231322)
i was looking to get the GLA45 but in the end I just didn't like the rear headlights. the GLA250 is more or less the same as the GTi.

rear headlights? I'm not sure you've really got the hang of this driving business:rofl:

Irishbeekeeper Apr 18th 2017 7:50 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 12231331)
rear headlights?

sure why not?
Ive seen many 'rear' headlights in my time which dazzled me completely ;)
and almost all of them were female

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 18th 2017 8:15 am

rear headlights? I'm not sure you've really got the hang of this driving business:rofl:

:lol::lol:

On the topic of headlights, I think fog lights should be banned on cars here.

mission Apr 18th 2017 9:11 am

fair play :lol:

mission Apr 18th 2017 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12231360)
:lol::lol:

On the topic of headlights, I think fog lights should be banned on cars here.

i totally agree

weasel decentral Apr 20th 2017 3:18 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12228246)
Engineers and Golf GTIs.

Literally zero imagination. Good cars but I would get pretty much anything else not to be part of the other 20 odd GTIs in the car park.

Proper engineer's car is a Subaru, a golf GTI is the car of a facilities manager :lol:

Though for all things fast it has to be a motorbike

Millhouse Apr 20th 2017 5:29 am

For me, the sterotypes are:

Builder - tattoos, overweight with muscles - driving a van and a previa for the weekends
Estate / Recruitment Agent - skinny tie, premiership footballer haircut - driving a hot hatch
Banker - Fat, red faced, expensive ill fitting suit - driving a 2 seater sports car or 4x4, both never used to their full extent.
Salesrep - stinking of cheap aftershave, cheap suits - driving company BMW, or Cavalier

Boomhauer Apr 21st 2017 6:00 pm

America is very unique in that it is the only country where you have regular Joe drive pickup trucks, even though they don't need it. Seems like the UAE is also a good candidate for people to drive pickups, considering all the recreational options available there. Full size pickups can be quite luxurious, on par with luxury cars.

martinbkk Apr 22nd 2017 8:21 am

Thailand too is a country filled with pick up trucks driven by everyone almost. They fall in a different tax regime which makes them relatively cheap. Nearly all run on diesel and are used for carrying anything. Including your entire extended family on trips all over the country. So endemic is this that the loss of lives attributed to carrying people in the back of a pick up truck has sparked moves to improve matters. Accordingly it looks like there will soon be a requirement to have the bed of your truck fitted with seat belts :lol::lol::lol::rofl:

martinbkk Apr 22nd 2017 8:24 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12231322)

I usually drive sitting in the seat with that round thingy that makes the car go side to side when you turn it. Usually has the spongy footrests as well that make it go and stop. Never really look too much at the outside, I guess that's for other people. :lol: