British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   staying home or going out (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/staying-home-going-out-584525/)

Grace O Malley Jan 15th 2009 2:57 pm

staying home or going out

so whats everyone doing tonight

I've got a nice bottle of wine, some twiglets and some mini cheddars and for desert, revels and all 3 Bourne Ultimatum films

Squirty Cream Jan 15th 2009 3:00 pm

Re: staying home or going out

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7172241)

I've got a nice bottle of wine, some twiglets and some mini cheddars and for desert, revels and all 3 Bourne Ultimatum films

Well, I was going away, but now I'm at home. So it's a Lean Cuisine, a bottle of Pinot Noir and series 2 of The Tudors. Oh and I have a good book. :D

scarletfanagain Jan 15th 2009 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7172241)

Staying in, in front of the fire. Cold, wet and miserable in West Wales!
Still, info for visa should be through by Sunday now, so back in the sunshine by Tuesday I hope

Grace O Malley Jan 15th 2009 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by scarletfanagain (Post 7172260)
Staying in, in front of the fire. Cold, wet and miserable in West Wales!
Still, info for visa should be through by Sunday now, so back in the sunshine by Tuesday I hope

lol it rained in AD today, for all of 3 minutes! At least u will have something decect to watch on the TV though.

So are you excited, anxious....

MataHari Jan 15th 2009 3:04 pm

staying in as mr MH is out and I am with the kids...well, one kids cause the boys are out as well...no wine or anything as I never drink at home or when I am on my own...

benzonar Jan 15th 2009 3:07 pm

Well I did plan on going out, but instead I am up tomorrow at 6am to go kayak fishing around the mangroves in AD

BangleMan Jan 15th 2009 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7172283)
staying in as mr MH is out and I am with the kids...well, one kids cause the boys are out as well...no wine or anything as I never drink at home or when I am on my own...

Im going out for a work dinner, with company lawyer.....zzzzzzz

Grace O Malley Jan 15th 2009 3:10 pm

I don't usually drink at home but had a crap day at work, hopefully a couple of glasses will make me chill out

scarletfanagain Jan 15th 2009 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7172278)
lol it rained in AD today, for all of 3 minutes! At least u will have something decect to watch on the TV though.

So are you excited, anxious....

Err, neither really. Just want to get back to work, hate sitting around doing nothing all day and really can't understand how people are happy to live like that.

The only thing I'm excited about is the Euro / GBP exchange rate. Since accepting the offer, which is in Euros, salary increase has been 10% already! Awesome lol

Squirty Cream Jan 15th 2009 3:11 pm

I'll raise a glass to you then MH, and perhaps Anna can toast you with her Sancerre.......... I don't have any Revels to share though, but I do have some very nice organic dark chocolate if you fancy a bit!

Grace O Malley Jan 15th 2009 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7172301)

oh hey is that a bad sign?

Eva Jan 15th 2009 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 7172256)
Well, I was going away, but now I'm at home. So it's a Lean Cuisine, a bottle of Pinot Noir and series 2 of The Tudors. Oh and I have a good book. :D

Haahahahaaha, like your style girl........
Sounds a bit like my Seafood Diet

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 7172299)
Well I did plan on going out, but instead I am up tomorrow at 6am to go kayak fishing around the mangroves in AD

What size of hook d'ya need to catch a kayak:confused:

Tomato and Orange Soup, crusty bread with philly cheese and Johnny Depp for afters: The Libertine.

scarletfanagain Jan 15th 2009 3:12 pm

invite the neighbours. you won't be drinking alone then :thumbsup:

Grace O Malley Jan 15th 2009 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 7172318)
I'll raise a glass to you then MH, and perhaps Anna can toast you with her Sancerre.......... I don't have any Revels to share though, but I do have some very nice organic dark chocolate if you fancy a bit!

lol how do u know I've got Sancerre. ooh the revels have changed, they have taken all those shitey coffee and coconut ones out

scarletfanagain Jan 15th 2009 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7172301)

yeah, we know that feeling. Poor lawyer!