Stay or Go

Old May 31st 2020, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stay or Go

Originally Posted by HiHo
I agree, I thought Dubia was a failing state propped up with Abu Dhabi and Saudi money prior to covid 19. I don't know how much longer those states can afford to do it.
sorry, I wasn’t clear. I’m talking about the global economy not the local one. Like I said, many will get left behind.
Old May 31st 2020, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, for getting the wrong end of the stick. I assumed the reference was to the projected poor performance in for the tourist industry and the commodities sector and the perceived safety in tech stock and the impact this might have on the region.
Old May 31st 2020, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, for getting the wrong end of the stick. I assumed the reference was to the projected poor performance in for the tourist industry and the commodities sector and the perceived safety in tech stock and the impact this might have on the region.
actually, I think it’s people that will get left behind. The poor will not benefit from this in any way. This region is so dependant on oil and American influence/interest (both now gone) that it’s a struggle to be positive on it at a macro level. That said, some parts will recover well, but most wont.
Old May 31st 2020, 6:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
actually, I think it’s people that will get left behind. The poor will not benefit from this in any way. This region is so dependant on oil and American influence/interest (both now gone) that it’s a struggle to be positive on it at a macro level. That said, some parts will recover well, but most wont.
We're bidding work in KSA and as long as one of the larger ones come off, we'll be kept busy for the rest of the year.
Old Jun 1st 2020, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
True "It's the rich wot get the pleasure its the poor wot gets the blame" The reduction in commercial activity will hurt the south Asia wage slaves in terms of employment but a return to home with corn and experience may well help to generate growth in the home economy.
Old Jun 1st 2020, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
We're bidding work in KSA and as long as one of the larger ones come off, we'll be kept busy for the rest of the year.
We are all chasing the same dwindling tenders.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 5:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

We are all chasing the same dwindling tenders.
Absolutely correct. I think I know who's winning the bigger one on the western side of Riyadh but there are a few more that look tasty.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 12:46 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Absolutely correct. I think I know who's winning the bigger one on the western side of Riyadh but there are a few more that look tasty.
It's one thing winning a tender in KSA and quite another agreeing a start date. Then there's the follow-on matter of actually getting paid for the work...
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
It's one thing winning a tender in KSA and quite another agreeing a start date. Then there's the follow-on matter of actually getting paid for the work...
Especially when the mobilisation is prescribed as 3 days after award.
Old Jun 2nd 2020, 5:40 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
I
B
M
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Go!
but head back mid October

Last edited by flares; Jun 3rd 2020 at 8:42 am.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

Staying put. I'll pass on living under Cumming's angry loner eugenics experiment for now, thanks.

I'm also quite optimistic for certain sectors going forward - IT, e-commerce, education among others.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

Staying, but moving to smaller, cheaper accommodation. Or Airbnb, good deals available.
Old Jun 5th 2020, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

clergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond reputeclergy has a reputation beyond repute

Going, but made the decision before COVID-19.
Old Jun 6th 2020, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've got around 12 months left in my current role. If I am unable to set up something independently, or find something with my current shop then I'll leave. Been here 12.5 years now, love the place but am actually starting to get tired of it now. I had planned on 10 years, it's going to be about 14 by the time I finally leave which seems long enough.

I don't really fancy any of the other employers in the local market but never say never I guess. I'd happily move to AD for a few years for a change of scenary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.