Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

State Of The Forum Address

Wikiposts

State Of The Forum Address

Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State Of The Forum Address

Originally Posted by Confucius
ahhh yes...Beirut...A tale of two tities...
It was the age of no regrets............

We took a chance, like we were dancing our last dance.........
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
It was the age of no regrets............

We took a chance, like we were dancing our last dance.........
Was???I'm still living it...
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:56 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Baby, for you, I'm even willing to drop the soap...
You say that to all the guys...

...I'll just stick two ice-cream cones on my head and get back to me knitting

PS I'm knitting you a purple cardigan !
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
You say that to all the guys...

...I'll just stick two ice-cream cones on my head and get back to me knitting http://yoursmiles.org/ssmile/action/s0142.gif

PS I'm knitting you a purple cardigan !
Oh baby...I'll start touching my nipples...
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:01 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Oh baby...I'll start touching my nipples...
..so you'll be touching in the vicinity of your knees, then ?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MacScot
..so you'll be touching in the vicinity of your knees, then ?
Toes...
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails State Of The Forum Address-measurements.jpg  
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Dean
Did you notice how big the man's hands were???
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:35 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
haha! Aye i haven't heard that before!
Quine, dinnae fash yersel aboot 'im... He's a fool, mauch hoor wi' a pile o' sharn fir a heid...
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:02 am
Banned

Manos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I’ve used this site for 5 years now – longer than pretty much any other site I frequent. In the Middle East section I’m pretty much the “oldest” poster around these days, maybe Shiva, Jammy and a few others have been on longer...

The information and help from posters really helped and informed my move to Dubai 5 years ago and I’ve always thought BE was fantastic for the info and the banter. The speed of responses about obscure laws and events always meant this forum was the first port of call. Even now with the rise of facebook and twitter, this forum still has the ability to be the most relevant source of info on the UAE and most of the Middle East.

There’s been periods where the forum goes through weird patches where there are less posts or people get a bit bitchy. Perhaps it’s got its roots in people feeling unsure about their personal circumstances with the economic situation, I don’t know. What I do know is that the tone has taken a turn for the worse. Far more senseless personal attacks, more aggressive posts, less tolerance more racial and religious intolerance and so on.

As a user, not a mod, I would just like to suggest a small thing – treat people as you wish to be treated, maybe have a little think before launching yet another attack for little reason. Just because it’s on the ‘net doesn’t mean you need to act like a tosser. Discussion and disagreements are par for the course, but this whole direct attack is so detrimental to the forum. New users seem to come and get disillusioned by the bitchiness so quickly and a lack of new views and posters creates a stagnant forum.

I know it’s British Expats, but surely tolerance and even acceptance of others is part of what Britain was (once) known for and we should reflect this. It’s depressing that users are hounded away because they feel they are not welcome just having a different view / background.

So, we can all carry on with the backbiting and bitchiness and we can sit back and let this forum grow more and more stagnant or we can try to relax a little, engage in reasonable debate rather than attack and hopefully welcome more views to the site. I know which I’d prefer.

Anyway, just my 2 fils worth.

And if you all want to gather for a cyberhug – now would be an appropriate time…

Auto
It's too late
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...78#post7402378
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:23 am
Banned

Manos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to allManos De Piedra is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I’ve used this site for 5 years now – longer than pretty much any other site I frequent. In the Middle East section I’m pretty much the “oldest” poster around these days, maybe Shiva, Jammy and a few others have been on longer...

The information and help from posters really helped and informed my move to Dubai 5 years ago and I’ve always thought BE was fantastic for the info and the banter. The speed of responses about obscure laws and events always meant this forum was the first port of call. Even now with the rise of facebook and twitter, this forum still has the ability to be the most relevant source of info on the UAE and most of the Middle East.

There’s been periods where the forum goes through weird patches where there are less posts or people get a bit bitchy. Perhaps it’s got its roots in people feeling unsure about their personal circumstances with the economic situation, I don’t know. What I do know is that the tone has taken a turn for the worse. Far more senseless personal attacks, more aggressive posts, less tolerance more racial and religious intolerance and so on.

As a user, not a mod, I would just like to suggest a small thing – treat people as you wish to be treated, maybe have a little think before launching yet another attack for little reason. Just because it’s on the ‘net doesn’t mean you need to act like a tosser. Discussion and disagreements are par for the course, but this whole direct attack is so detrimental to the forum. New users seem to come and get disillusioned by the bitchiness so quickly and a lack of new views and posters creates a stagnant forum.

I know it’s British Expats, but surely tolerance and even acceptance of others is part of what Britain was (once) known for and we should reflect this. It’s depressing that users are hounded away because they feel they are not welcome just having a different view / background.

So, we can all carry on with the backbiting and bitchiness and we can sit back and let this forum grow more and more stagnant or we can try to relax a little, engage in reasonable debate rather than attack and hopefully welcome more views to the site. I know which I’d prefer.

Anyway, just my 2 fils worth.

And if you all want to gather for a cyberhug – now would be an appropriate time…

Auto
Sorry- It's too late, i'm out of here. See for yourself
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598894
Old Mar 20th 2009, 4:23 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Manos, thanks for your input over the years.

Now **** off
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace