Reload this Page >

Stalkers and security for women

Stalkers and security for women

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stalkers and security for women

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Thanks very much. That's actually a good idea - I'm meeting up with my family for a holiday soon so I'll get them to bring one with them.
Thats fine. It doesn't do any harm to have one.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:04 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

lol, its funny but its not. Most women, my wife included, keep things like rape alarms in their handbag where they are of no use at all.
I recall reading somewhere that in a random survey of women it took most over a minute to find their alarm/mace/etc........thats after they found a load of shit they thought they'd lost/forgotten about!

keeping it in your hand is the only place it should be, especially if you are feeling threatened.

ps I'm failry certain I've seen alarms etc in deira souq area, if i recall rightly I think i have also seen mace on sale down there, if you can get mace do so.

Last edited by shiva; Jun 22nd 2009 at 7:07 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:14 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiva
lol, its funny but its not. Most women, my wife included, keep things like rape alarms in their handbag where they are of no use at all.
I recall reading somewhere that in a random survey of women it took most over a minute to find their alarm/mace/etc........thats after they found a load of shit they thought they'd lost/forgotten about!

keeping it in your hand is the only place it should be, especially if you are feeling threatened.

ps I'm failry certain I've seen alarms etc in deira souq area, if i recall rightly I think i have also seen mace on sale down there, if you can get mace do so.
Thanks Shiva - Deira is not to far from my office, so I'll look into that.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:23 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Shiva - Deira is not to far from my office, so I'll look into that.
now call that Al Ameen and see what they have to say...I am really curious what sort of respons you will get from them...it also will give an indication if they will be any use to you if something should really happen...
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:30 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
yeah, he may...but then again he may just back off when you tell him you are not interested...I don't think that not saying anything 'just in case he gets agressive' is the way to go...
Telling someone, listen, I am not interested so will you just go isn't backing him into a corner...and if he still persists then the next step is to call the police...he still will have plenty of time to walk away from it all...

Thing is...this guy is probably trying his luck...and so far things are going well for him, cause EE has talked to him, given him her name even (false but he doesn't know that) and she has not told him to fck off...so as far as he is concerned, there is nothing wrong...

I agree. The type of blokes that behave like this will usually back off if you take the right attitude with them. Never take any sh1t from creeps like that.

Dubai is a pretty safe town, but there are still a few weirdos so it does pay to be aware.

-
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:35 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Hit him with your handbag. If Mrs RK's is anything to go by, you'll knock him out for weeks.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MataHari
now call that Al Ameen and see what they have to say...I am really curious what sort of respons you will get from them...it also will give an indication if they will be any use to you if something should really happen...
"You've come through to Al Ameen services, helping to keep the Dubai community safe. Press 1 to leave a message, press 2 for information on Al Ameen's services, press 3 for the main menu."

I press 2....

"For Al Ameen's fax number press 1, for Al Ameen's email press 2, for the main menu press 3"

So - I'll give the police a ring directly and ask them for the best course of action. I'm going to speak to a friend of my family who is in high level security here in Dubai to get some more advice. Plus will try to get an alarm today. Probably not a good idea to wait. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
get a small can of hairspray to spray in his face just in case
if he's lebo he'll have his own
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sandboy
if he's lebo he'll have his own
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roadking
Hit him with your handbag. If Mrs RK's is anything to go by, you'll knock him out for weeks.
hubby says he likes that one!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:51 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

"You've come through to Al Ameen services, helping to keep the Dubai community safe. Press 1 to leave a message, press 2 for information on Al Ameen's services, press 3 for the main menu."

I press 2....

"For Al Ameen's fax number press 1, for Al Ameen's email press 2, for the main menu press 3"

oh dear...
I have called them once by accident and pressed cancel, they called me back within seconds to ask if I was ok...lol
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever this has happend to me, if being polite does not work, then the best thing I have been advised to do by the police is to shout "what do you want leave me alone" normally from raising your voice they will become afraid that they will be caught out.

If you spray hairspray the person can file a case against you.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by banter64
Whenever this has happend to me, if being polite does not work, then the best thing I have been advised to do by the police is to shout "what do you want leave me alone" normally from raising your voice they will become afraid that they will be caught out.

If you spray hairspray the person can file a case against you.
That's exactly what I was worried about! I don't want to get arrested for protecting myself, which I could easily see happening here. It's that chuck em in jail first, ask questions later approach I don't like!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:01 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

That's exactly what I was worried about! I don't want to get arrested for protecting myself, which I could easily see happening here. It's that chuck em in jail first, ask questions later approach I don't like!
thats a ridiculous attitude, would you rather be attacked?

Harsh but true I'm afraid.

The police here in a strange and unusual way are actually quite sensible about a womans security. If you are attacked and fightback it is very unlikely that you will be prosecuted.

see here for a recent case
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Polic.../10324934.html

no mention of her being prosecuted.

forgetting the law and possible problems surely it is far far better to be prosecuted for kicking the shit out of an attacker than getting abducted and raped
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:52 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to here this...for me, if you see this guy again in your apartment block...make a beeline for security and call the police.

If you have a camera on your mobile, take a picture of him. That might be enough for him to realise he has been caught out and disappear for good.

Or give me a call and ill come and wallop him in the sacks..all for only 100AED and a brunch..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.