St Patrick

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

dabseyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb St Patrick

Greetings Fellow Sandpit Dwellers

St Patrick the patron Saint of Ireland famous for ridding the Emerald Isle of snakes and some other stuff. He also gave us St Paddies day which is a firm favourite of mine.

I wish he would come back to life and come to the sandpit for a while because this place is full of slippery snakes.

Your opinions please.

Dabseyman
Old Dec 4th 2010, 4:06 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: St Patrick

Originally Posted by dabseyman
Greetings Fellow Sandpit Dwellers

St Patrick the patron Saint of Ireland famous for ridding the Emerald Isle of snakes and some other stuff. He also gave us St Paddies day which is a firm favourite of mine.

I wish he would come back to life and come to the sandpit for a while because this place is full of slippery snakes.

Your opinions please.

Dabseyman
christian saints struggle to get visas to Islamic countries
Old Dec 5th 2010, 9:29 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
christian saints struggle to get visas to Islamic countries

Very good!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: St Patrick

He could come back back from the dead and start some intensive football training. Get into the Qatar national team for 2022 hey presto he has a visa. Then he could deal with the snakes after Qatar get knocked out of the world cup.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

He could come back back from the dead and start some intensive football training. Get into the Qatar national team for 2022 hey presto he has a visa. Then he could deal with the snakes after Qatar get knocked out of the world cup.
The word is Lionel Messi's Grandfather has a Qatari passport..........
Old Dec 5th 2010, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Will Qatar be able to field a team for 2022 that can compete on an International stage or will intensive recruitment take place over the coming years to get a good team in place. Remember when Jack Charlton put together an Irish team hand picked from the Premiership based on Irish blood lines.

I wonder how long will the planning and design take before we see a real explosion in construction work and accomodation rental prices.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Will Qatar be able to field a team for 2022 that can compete on an International stage or will intensive recruitment take place over the coming years to get a good team in place. Remember when Jack Charlton put together an Irish team hand picked from the Premiership based on Irish blood lines.

I wonder how long will the planning and design take before we see a real explosion in construction work and accomodation rental prices.
I hear a scrapping of the sponsorship system is being spoken about , can't see it though , maybe a reduction from a 2 year ban to a 6 month one.

Main designs and plans are already in place for all the major infrastructure works , The Causeway , Doha Port , Doha Metro all but the metro are out to tender now.

It's one thing wanting to build it , it's transfering that thought into the construction process.
Qatar is a million years behind the U.A.E in that regard and it really needs to step up to the plate if they want to achieve it.

I think the whole thing will take around 12 months to 2 years to kick in , everyones expecting a boom and full steam ahead here , i always err on the side of caution especially here in Qatar.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: St Patrick

Big changes will have to be made in Doha for the world cup. To name but a few.

1. Unmarried couples under the same roof.

2. Drinking of Alcohol in public and lots of drunk folks everywhere.

3. Differential treatment of an individual based upon his/her ethnicity or skin colour by the law or powers that be.

4. Road rage. Lets face it folks who are used to how it works here just tolerate the mindless morons who drive like lunatics. However all the football fans from all over the world might get as little offended by the the aggressive style of driving in the middle east.

Thats my few cents for what its worth. Any other opinions are very welcome.

Dabseyman
Old Dec 7th 2010, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Big changes will have to be made in Doha for the world cup. To name but a few.

1. Unmarried couples under the same roof.

2. Drinking of Alcohol in public and lots of drunk folks everywhere.

3. Differential treatment of an individual based upon his/her ethnicity or skin colour by the law or powers that be.

4. Road rage. Lets face it folks who are used to how it works here just tolerate the mindless morons who drive like lunatics. However all the football fans from all over the world might get as little offended by the the aggressive style of driving in the middle east.

Thats my few cents for what its worth. Any other opinions are very welcome.

Dabseyman
You'll find most will depart the country for the summer and those left will be outnumbered so they'll just revert to type.

Special dispensation will be made for alcohol and designated decrees will be made for the duration of the tournament along with a special world cup visa.

If you throw enough money at things you get a result , that's how they work here , they will have a shock though , no doubt about it , they're masters in their own little gilded cage like all Gulf Arabs and they're about to open the door and let the unwashed in......very interesting times..!
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:59 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Remember when Jack Charlton put together an Irish team hand picked from the Premiership based on Irish blood lines.
most of them were Irish or had Irish parents, except good ol' swiss tony cascarino.