British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   St James Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/st-james-park-738442/)

NorthernLad Nov 10th 2011 3:11 am

St James Park

Whilst not a huge fan of the mags, this is just wrong.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15668207.stm

co durham boy Nov 10th 2011 5:09 am

Re: St James Park

It's a never ending comical showcase with their owner , flying high in the league and unbeaten in 14 games and he still makes them look like grade 1 fools.

The man's a fu**ing genius !

Spugsy Nov 10th 2011 6:39 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9724373)
It's a never ending comical showcase with their owner , flying high in the league and unbeaten in 14 games and he still makes them look like grade 1 fools.

The man's a fu**ing genius !

He's a *****ing disgrace to the club, simple as that - he just wants to get as much cash as he can, which in a way I understand but doesn't he realise what St.James Park means to us?

The fat useless twat.

It's a good job sunderland are still so comical and boro are shite to stop us looking stupid.

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 10th 2011 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9724451)
He's a *****ing disgrace to the club, simple as that - he just wants to get as much cash as he can, which in a way I understand but doesn't he realise what St.James Park means to us?

The fat useless twat.

It's a good job sunderland are still so comical and boro are shite to stop us looking stupid.

Managed to get 30ish million quid for a donkey though didn't he?

Aside from that though - he is a helmet.

co durham boy Nov 10th 2011 8:46 am

The fat useless twat.

What Mike Ashley has done to your club is disgraceful , he hates you lot with a vengeance . The trouble now is that you've got a canny side and look like a decent outfit on the field . The " Get Fat Mike Out " brigade don't know whether to stick or twist.

We could be relegated 3 times in in a row and it wouldn't offset the damage he has done to your football club and it's fans.

Footballs gone bad end of story , the games fu**ed altogether !

MAV_DXB Nov 10th 2011 9:37 am

Is the actual ground/earth/area called St James' Park? If so, by default people have named the stadium (that sits on top on the ground) as St James' Park?

I wonder if they thought about instead of renaming the stadium/ground as Sports Direct Arena, name it as Sports Direct Arena at St. James' Park.

Then for all future sponsors of the ground, have it in the contract that the gound must be referred as xxxxxxxxx at St James' Park.

co durham boy Nov 10th 2011 9:58 am

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB (Post 9724688)
Is the actual ground/earth/area called St James' Park? If so, by default people have named the stadium (that sits on top on the ground) as St James' Park?

I wonder if they thought about instead of renaming the stadium/ground as Sports Direct Arena, name it as Sports Direct Arena at St. James' Park.

Then for all future sponsors of the ground, have it in the contract that the gound must be referred as xxxxxxxxx at St James' Park.

Everyone's at it now mate , it's just another nail in the coffin for Football . Whether it's the Yanks , Arabs or the Mike Ashley's of this world it's more people getting on the gravy train.

The Premier League might have goals but it's predictable and boring in large parts . You watch Wes Brom , Wolves , Everton , Stoke , Sunderland , Fulham , Bolton , Blackburn etc,etc and they're all the same stamp .

Petrified of being relagated and petrified of taking the next step up as finance dictates those who dare . Great rewards for the winners but sometimes ruin for the losers.

It's almost Gladatorial in it's make up the Premier League and football is a lot worse off now because of it . Overpriced and hijacked by armchair fans who wouldn't know shit from custard rattling on in their local Wetherspoons about 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 over a pint of warm regurgitated piss .

Football's gone to the dogs

ztoo Nov 10th 2011 10:11 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 9724275)
Whilst not a huge fan of the mags, this is just wrong.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15668207.stm

It's not before time, people kept confusing it with the real St James' Park which needless to say is in Exeter.

pauldxb Nov 10th 2011 10:14 am

The fat useless twat.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sandboy Nov 10th 2011 10:24 am

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB (Post 9724688)

only one problem there - they don't actually own the land the council do :D

Spugsy Nov 10th 2011 10:45 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9724596)
What Mike Ashley has done to your club is disgraceful , he hates you lot with a vengeance . The trouble now is that you've got a canny side and look like a decent outfit on the field . The " Get Fat Mike Out " brigade don't know whether to stick or twist.

We could be relegated 3 times in in a row and it wouldn't offset the damage he has done to your football club and it's fans.

Footballs gone bad end of story , the games fu**ed altogether !

Aye with our owner, your greedy striker who buggered off to the sandpit for bags of cash it's just gone to pot.

Oh and Norwich away tickets? £45. More than Man U or Chelsea.

Howay Delia, sort it out you drunken wench.

littlejimmy Nov 10th 2011 10:45 am

The fat useless twat.

Even if us and the Mackems were in the Conference, Nyeecastle would always be an amusing sideshow. You should organise a boycoutt. ;)

pauldxb Nov 10th 2011 10:48 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 9724818)
Even if us and the Mackems were in the Conference, Nyeecastle would always be an amusing sideshow. You should organise a boycoutt. ;)

I fancy Boro to do well this year. I think you are our only real challenge for 2nd spot

co durham boy Nov 10th 2011 10:51 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 9724818)

What another one ? ;)

littlejimmy Nov 10th 2011 10:53 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 9724824)
I fancy Boro to do well this year. I think you are our only real challenge for 2nd spot

I'd be happy with a play-off place, to be honest. We started well, but have a paper-thin squad. Mowbray has performed a minor miracle considering the mess he inherited from Wee Gordie.