St. George's Day

Old Apr 23rd 2014, 5:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default St. George's Day

Happy St George's Day to you all.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 6:56 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: St. George's Day

Roast Beef and Yorkshires for dinner.

How do the rest of you celebrate??
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 7:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Beef Stew (not sure it's English but sounds it)...currently bubbling away in the slow cooker.

Some London Pride or Spitfire, but that involves going to the Rivington (which I won't be doing unfortunately) or Fibbers (which seems wrong).

Definitely a cup of tea with dinner.
Definitely conversation trying to explain who St George is to the Mrs.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 7:26 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Beef Stew (not sure it's English but sounds it)...currently bubbling away in the slow cooker.

Some London Pride or Spitfire, but that involves going to the Rivington (which I won't be doing unfortunately) or Fibbers (which seems wrong).

Definitely a cup of tea with dinner.
Definitely conversation trying to explain who St George is to the Mrs.
You know me Scamp, I'm strictly a Heineken fella, but on this one evening every year I go to the pub and drink something dark. Fortunately they have London Pride on draught at the Byblos Marina :-)

Why not invite a Palestinian round as they also celebrate St George in a few weeks. http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27048219
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 7:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TheShed
You know me Scamp, I'm strictly a Heineken fella, but on this one evening every year I go to the pub and drink something dark. Fortunately they have London Pride on draught at the Byblos Marina :-)

Why not invite a Palestinian round as they also celebrate St George in a few weeks. http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27048219
I think I'm all out of Palestinians in my contacts book. In fact, I think I do know one and he took me for lunch. Shit, what was his name....

Anyway, yeah the Byblos charges handsomely for those pints of real man though!
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Happy St George's day - am currently sporting my cross of St George tie and cuff-links in celebration. May be forced to crack open a bottle of London Pride later as I have some at home, before attempting to teach the first verse of Jerusalem to the kids, who I suspect will be far more interested in Phineas and Ferb on the TV.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 7:38 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by Scamp
I think I'm all out of Palestinians in my contacts book. In fact, I think I do know one and he took me for lunch. Shit, what was his name....

Anyway, yeah the Byblos charges handsomely for those pints of real man though!
Happy hour mate - One of the essential facts for living in Dubai.

Maybe we should start a sticky giving out the best HHs around.

Before you ask, yep a slow day at work today :-)
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 7:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Happy St George's day - am currently sporting my cross of St George tie and cuff-links in celebration. May be forced to crack open a bottle of London Pride later as I have some at home, before attempting to teach the first verse of Jerusalem to the kids, who I suspect will be far more interested in Phineas and Ferb on the TV.
Awesome. I used to always go with a white shirt / red tie combo but this year I didn't have any back from the dry cleaners (jesus, just listen to me).

We used to sing Jerusalem every Tuesday at school when we had our chapel assembly. If anyone had to look at their hymn book they were severely frowned upon...

Originally Posted by TheShed
Happy hour mate - One of the essential facts for living in Dubai.

Maybe we should start a sticky giving out the best HHs around.

Before you ask, yep a slow day at work today :-)
Happy hour thread is a great idea.

Also, another meet up is maybe on the cards?
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 9:49 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a little topical quiz - How stereotypically English are you?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/ho...nglish-are-you

I scored a paltry 21 although I maintain that gravy on chips is a Northern habit not an English one.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 10:24 am
Account Closed

You ticked off 55 out of 70 on this bloody lovely list!

The queen is dead, long live YOU. There is no one in England’s green and pleasant land as English as you. You make St. George himself look positively foreign. What’s that? St. George was actually born in Palestine? Don’t be silly. P.S. The queen isn’t really dead.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 1:53 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

You ticked off 41 out of 70 on this bloody lovely list!

Bloody brilliant. You’re really ruddy English and don’t you just know it?! Bowl a googly. Neck some Earl Grey. Tut at a foreigner. It’s what Churchill would have wanted!
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 1:55 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its the custom in my (far eastern) company to bring gifts back from holiday. Gave my boss a Churchill crown
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 2:28 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

Difficult to cut and paste on an ipad after 3 London Prides but 50 out of 70 and you are basically the queen. . A happy St George's day for me
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

You ticked off 19 out of 70 on this bloody lovely list!

Blimey, that’s disappointing! You’re not very English at all — in fact, you’d probably feel more at home in the Colonies. No scones for you, I’m afraid.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 8:10 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, people still celebrate St.George's day.

Getting pissed up in Spain somewhere and throwing some plastic furniture through a window is in order surely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.