Sri Lanka

Old Apr 1st 2012, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice
Default Sri Lanka

Morning all.
Thinking of taking the troops to Sri Lankashire for a week.
Thought of Kandy for a couple of days and then a nice, clean beach resort.
Anyone got any recommendations?
Old Apr 1st 2012, 8:27 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sri Lanka

Depends on budget, the standard of accomodation you require and how far you are willing to travel, bearing in mind that it tends to take ages to get anywhere due to lousy roads.

You'll find resorts in areas like Bentota, or Hikkaduwa or Negombo, but I prefer Galle, although the accommodation there is largely very basic or fairly high end.

Sri Lankan curry & rice - mmmmmm
Old Apr 1st 2012, 10:01 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Violet, our home help/slave/maid (delete as you see fit) is from Sri Lanka and I have to say she makes the best curry ever, and spicy tuna balls.

They obviously have April fools day in Sri Lanka also as this morning she came into our room at 0600, woke me and told me that my car was missing from the driveway. Que me sprinting downstairs through the garage and voila, the car is sat there..

I turned around and she was laughing her head off...hahaha April Fool...

Pretty funny I thought, after I broke her nose and resigned her to the 'under the stairs' cupboard for a week.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Violet, our home help/slave/maid (delete as you see fit) is from Sri Lanka and I have to say she makes the best curry ever, and spicy tuna balls.

They obviously have April fools day in Sri Lanka also as this morning she came into our room at 0600, woke me and told me that my car was missing from the driveway. Que me sprinting downstairs through the garage and voila, the car is sat there..

I turned around and she was laughing her head off...hahaha April Fool...

Pretty funny I thought, after I broke her nose and resigned her to the 'under the stairs' cupboard for a week.
One assumes that you won't be paying her for the week she is in the cupboard.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 10:32 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
One assumes that you won't be paying her for the week she is in the cupboard.
she will be paying me for the bread and water
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meow
Depends on budget, the standard of accomodation you require and how far you are willing to travel, bearing in mind that it tends to take ages to get anywhere due to lousy roads.

You'll find resorts in areas like Bentota, or Hikkaduwa or Negombo, but I prefer Galle, although the accommodation there is largely very basic or fairly high end.

Thanks!
looking at Arugam Bay.....
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light

We stayed in the Chaaya Blu hotel in Trincomalee (in the north east of the island). Couldn't say a bad thing about the place.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
Fab photos.

I think we'll go back before the end of the year.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

We are looking for a 10 day break at the beginning of July and I like the look of Sri Lanka but feel it's the wrong time to go for weather. Any posters been in July?
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 6:12 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by soukie
We are looking for a 10 day break at the beginning of July and I like the look of Sri Lanka but feel it's the wrong time to go for weather. Any posters been in July?
They have two rainy seasons but the times vary depending on where you are in the country.