Sri Lanka

Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sri Lanka

you should have gone for Hikkaduwa rather than Galle Spugs.

we found the sri lankan food a bit lacking in variety compared to Indian food.
Lion Lager washes it all down very well.

you can easily go to hikkaduwa for a day trip for a spot of surfing or diving.

oh and be prepared for an interesting drive down to Galle from Colombo. will take you about 5 hours and on a least 3 occaions you will think your life is about to end (oncoming buses on the wrong side of the road)
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:16 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
you should have gone for Hikkaduwa rather than Galle Spugs.

we found the sri lankan food a bit lacking in variety compared to Indian food.
Lion Lager washes it all down very well.

you can easily go to hikkaduwa for a day trip for a spot of surfing or diving.

oh and be prepared for an interesting drive down to Galle from Colombo. will take you about 5 hours and on a least 3 occaions you will think your life is about to end (oncoming buses on the wrong side of the road)
You missed a few 0's off the end. One of the scariest experiences of my life.

There is an airstrip in Galle due to open soon, and now the war is pretty much finished a highway is being built between Colombo and Galle.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
You missed a few 0's off the end. One of the scariest experiences of my life.

There is an airstrip in Galle due to open soon, and now the war is pretty much finished a highway is being built between Colombo and Galle.
now the war is over the train may be a better option
Old Dec 1st 2009, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

UmJammerLeilani is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got back from a 3 week holiday in Sri Lanka, went to Kandy, Galle and stayed in Colombo with family friends, so if you want to ask anything pm me I'll try and help