British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   "Squatting" toilets introduced in Rochdale shopping mall (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/squatting-toilets-introduced-rochdale-shopping-mall-676797/)

weescot Jul 16th 2010 8:38 am

Re: "Squatting" toilets introduced in Rochdale shopping mall

I dont think squattie type loos are especailly Islamic? I have seen them in several European countries. I see them as a bit of a continental Europe or foreign thing. And step down the aisles in Asda, sainsburys and Tesco and you see similar influences influence re food.

Squattie loos and everything else that isn't in the same camp as roast beef etc is simply a sign of the the multi cultural society the UK has become - just the way it is. Obviously members of the Rochdale community or pc brigade there asked for these loos.

No short answer - doesn't mean British culture is going down the pan imho...

seven seas Jul 16th 2010 9:04 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8705008)
So far, nobody has commented on the Islamification of Britain's toilets, British culture being eroded, etc.... etc....

Or are toilets too trivial a subject to worry about?

LOL@ islamification of Britain's loos

MacScot Jul 16th 2010 11:45 am

I came across those squatting toilets at the camp sites in Cannes..one thing though, and given the steep angle of squatting, one didn't need to wipe with paper ! :)

Also came across the toilets with the shallow pan area for inspecting one's 'poo' in Amsterdam, suppose it's also good because you don't get splashed.

Arcadia Jul 16th 2010 1:44 pm

I can understand MH's comment about inspecting childrens poo for threadworms..But Why else would you want to inspect your turd in a public toilet?

Hello.Kitty Jul 16th 2010 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 8705328)

No short answer - doesn't mean British culture is going down the pan imho...

boom boom!

Grace O Malley Jul 17th 2010 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8703511)
Having lived in Japan for a long time, and Mrs BTB being Japanese, we brought back to home in Yorkshire a Japenese toilet seat, complete with built-in bum and ladies' bits washer. Much more hygeinic, and a nice tingling sensation to boot:D

you forgot the dryer, those toilets are magic. I was obsessed with them when we went to Japan, brilliant.

NedKelly Jul 19th 2010 7:10 am

I am surprised it got past the Health & Safety jobsworths. They look like a trip hazard to me.

kittycat1 Jul 19th 2010 7:41 am

this really is a sh1t thread!

Bahtatboy Jul 19th 2010 7:48 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8711712)
this really is a sh1t thread!

Welcome back, Kittycat, we missed you!

kittycat1 Jul 19th 2010 8:08 am

Welcome back, Kittycat, we missed you!
are you taking the pi55 (get it- toilet joke?)

Did you really? aww- I missed you bunch of muppets too xxx

The Dean Jul 19th 2010 8:09 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8711778)
are you taking the pi55 (get it- toilet joke?)

Did you really? aww- I missed you bunch of muppets too xxx

Went to Noo Yoik? Or am I getting you mixed up with someone else?

kittycat1 Jul 19th 2010 8:47 am

Yes went to Nuu Yoik, had a fab time, have blistered feet, got sunburnt again and have a big dent in my bank balance! ;) Love it! Tried to find a nice new yorker to marry for a greencard- no joy so will have to go back again and try harder! :D

mathematist Jul 19th 2010 11:25 am

LOL the Islamification of toilets. It just get better/worse by the day with these jokes....

IMHO, the squatting toilet gives a full clearance of the stomach compared to the western version, and yes, water is much cleaner generally regardless of western or eastern toilets.

Try cleaning an ash tray with water and another with tissue paper and you'll clearly realise which one is better

I just don't get it that the gents who stand up and urinate, just zip up and walk out without even using tissue paper and worst of all, don't wash their hands after.

Bahtatboy Jul 19th 2010 11:56 am

Originally Posted by mathematist (Post 8712143)
LOL the Islamification of toilets. It just get better/worse by the day with these jokes....

IMHO, the squatting toilet gives a full clearance of the stomach compared to the western version, and yes, water is much cleaner generally regardless of western or eastern toilets.

Try cleaning an ash tray with water and another with tissue paper and you'll clearly realise which one is better

I just don't get it that the gents who stand up and urinate, just zip up and walk out without even using tissue paper and worst of all, don't wash their hands after.

But it was a joke...;)

But I agree with the rest of what you say (first time for everything;)).

I too am amazed at the number of guys who don't wash their hands. However, a previous boss (a public-school educated twat, it has to be said) reckoned that coz he washed down there every morning and was careful to knock the drips off, it was as clean as his hands. I never shared peanuts from a bowl with him.

coffindodger Jul 19th 2010 11:59 am

[QUOTE=Bahtatboy;8712232]But it was a joke...;)

But I agree with the rest of what you say (first time for everything;)).

I too am amazed at the number of guys who don't wash their hands.
Then back to the bar and finnish eating the peanuts on the bar. :thumbup: