Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

"Squatting" toilets introduced in Rochdale shopping mall

"Squatting" toilets introduced in Rochdale shopping mall

Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Squatting" toilets introduced in Rochdale shopping mall

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-10644118
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:59 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Squatting" toilets introduced in Rochdale shopping mall

Lovely....personally I always found Rochdale to be one big public toilet anyway....
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:00 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I hate them--always terrified of crapping in my back pocket.

Having said that, if there's a good number of people in that community who prefer them, then fair enough. And on the whole, there is an argument for water instead of paper.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:04 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I hate them--always terrified of crapping in my back pocket.

Having said that, if there's a good number of people in that community who prefer them, then fair enough. And on the whole, there is an argument for water instead of paper.
I remember when I was little we always went on holiday to France and they were very common over there...

and yes...how many times have you used toilet paper, whiped and whiped and still there was poo on it and you'd thought oh what the hell, and pulled up your pants and walked...there defo is something to say for water...
plus I know that in mr MH's office, a lot of the men actually squat on the toilet seat of the normal toilets, which isn't ideal really...

anyway...lets see what Norm has to say about it all...
Old Jul 15th 2010, 2:09 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I remember when I was little we always went on holiday to France and they were very common over there...

and yes...how many times have you used toilet paper, whiped and whiped and still there was poo on it and you'd thought oh what the hell, and pulled up your pants and walked...there defo is something to say for water...
plus I know that in mr MH's office, a lot of the men actually squat on the toilet seat of the normal toilets, which isn't ideal really...

Having lived in Japan for a long time, and Mrs BTB being Japanese, we brought back to home in Yorkshire a Japenese toilet seat, complete with built-in bum and ladies' bits washer. Much more hygeinic, and a nice tingling sensation to boot
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:20 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Water is better, unless it's sprayed all over the floor as is the custom in the ME/NA

In Germany they have a little shelf in the toilet where your doings sit for inspection before flushing. Even more alarming was the toilets in America where the water level is almost up to the seat.

What a lovely subject for a Thursday night, eh?
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:21 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Having lived in Japan for a long time, and Mrs BTB being Japanese, we brought back to home in Yorkshire a Japenese toilet seat, complete with built-in bum and ladies' bits washer. Much more hygeinic, and a nice tingling sensation to boot
There was a restaurant in Taipei that served food in squat pots.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:35 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

Water is better, unless it's sprayed all over the floor as is the custom in the ME/NA

In Germany they have a little shelf in the toilet where your doings sit for inspection before flushing. Even more alarming was the toilets in America where the water level is almost up to the seat.

What a lovely subject for a Thursday night, eh?
oh, same in Holland, and to be honest, I actually prefer it if you can 'inspect' before flushing...makes finding out that the kids got worms much easier...

not keen on the high water level...and here it's weird cause the water can be so warm you can actually feel the heat rise up...so to speak...
Old Jul 15th 2010, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

oh, same in Holland, and to be honest, I actually prefer it if you can 'inspect' before flushing...makes finding out that the kids got worms much easier...

not keen on the high water level...and here it's weird cause the water can be so warm you can actually feel the heat rise up...so to speak...
I did not expect to become sexually aroused by this topic, but sure enough.............
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

but then along came the German Invasion and they installed proper toilets
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

squatting over porcelain would be a luxury compared to the village bogs on my recent holiday. little raised wooden hut 100m from the house. crapping into a not all that deep hole.

it was bad enough in summer but no chance I would want to use it at night in winter when its minus 40 deg and there are hungry wolves around
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

When I was in AD, I absolutely hated the bidets that squirted water from the bottom and always preferred the bidets that had the faucet like way of dispensing water.

And what the hell is it with people who put carpet on their toilet seat lids, carpet is bad for hygiene.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Just wait- withina few months you'll eb able to smell Rochdale's toilets from here.

As for water- if you had crap on yourhands, would you prefer to wipe it off with tissue or use a bit of water?

crapper+bidet = excellent combination.

Squatty toilet= apparently better for your .... erm.... sphincter I guess. No really it is. But as BTB said, too much risk of missing your target.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
squatting over porcelain would be a luxury compared to the village bogs on my recent holiday. little raised wooden hut 100m from the house. crapping into a not all that deep hole.

it was bad enough in summer but no chance I would want to use it at night in winter when its minus 40 deg and there are hungry wolves around
Minus 40?? Hungry wolves??

Bloody hell - Singapore's changed since I was last there.........
Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So far, nobody has commented on the Islamification of Britain's toilets, British culture being eroded, etc.... etc....

Or are toilets too trivial a subject to worry about?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.