The Springs...

Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:51 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Springs...

....we're looking around for somewhere to move to soon, and there's not loads in our price range but there are tons and tons of places at the springs,

how come? Has everybody moved out completely??
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:54 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Springs...

Originally Posted by Spugsy
....we're looking around for somewhere to move to soon, and there's not loads in our price range but there are tons and tons of places at the springs,

Friends in Springs 15 say it is very quiet.

We were told from a friend in real estate that prices are literally dropping by the day.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:55 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much, aye... Still a frigging nightmare getting out of here in the mornings tho...
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:57 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Friends in Springs 15 say it is very quiet.

We were told from a friend in real estate that prices are literally dropping by the day.
well I bloody hope so because they don't seem to have dropped much and we need to move out in 5 weeks,

we're considering taking a 3 or 6 month rental somewhere and then seeing how much they've dropped by then.

For AED 120,000 (which is what we're paying now) you really can;t get very much at all, and we don't want to spend loads more as you never know what's round the corner and we're trying to save a bit.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:58 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Pretty much, aye... Still a frigging nightmare getting out of here in the mornings tho...
ah you see that's the problem, I would get a cab to Jumeirah and the missus drive to Deira,

reckon that would be a pain?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:03 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

well I bloody hope so because they don't seem to have dropped much and we need to move out in 5 weeks,

we're considering taking a 3 or 6 month rental somewhere and then seeing how much they've dropped by then.

For AED 120,000 (which is what we're paying now) you really can;t get very much at all, and we don't want to spend loads more as you never know what's round the corner and we're trying to save a bit.
Is that advertised prices, or have you called up agents and made an offer?

We're ringing around this week to see what landlords will actually accept, as opposed to what is advertised.

In the current climate I expect there will be agents/landlords out there desperate for tenants.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:13 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Is that advertised prices, or have you called up agents and made an offer?

We're ringing around this week to see what landlords will actually accept, as opposed to what is advertised.

In the current climate I expect there will be agents/landlords out there desperate for tenants.
yeah thats advertised, just got a contact for a 2 bed villa in Al Quoz, so going to give them a ring.

So whatever people are asking, we should offer less?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:22 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

yeah thats advertised, just got a contact for a 2 bed villa in Al Quoz, so going to give them a ring.

Hell yes, its a tenants market, and the more tenants haggle, the faster the rental prices are going to drop to something more realistic..
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

ah you see that's the problem, I would get a cab to Jumeirah and the missus drive to Deira,

When i first arrived i used to get a cab from the Greens to Jumeirah and if i went just after 6am it was fine, later than that it turns into a liability to get a cab and out of the traffic, very quiet out that way too...

Yep negotiate all the way mate...
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes, taxi's are like hens teeth up this end of town.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:54 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Don't hold your breath on villas in Al Quoz. Many are just awful. I saw some last year and I wouldn't have housed goats in them.

Good luck with your search. The 3-6 month options sounds like a good idea to me.

-
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:56 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes, taxi's are like hens teeth up this end of town.
Agreed - taxis are a pain in the morning unless you develop a good technique of hailing them. But I do think Spugsy and Mrs Spugsy should move to the Greens so we can be neighbours, purely for selfish reasons! It's a lovely place to live and the traffic has calmed down quite a bit now.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Don't hold your breath on villas in Al Quoz. Many are just awful. I saw some last year and I wouldn't have housed goats in them.

Good luck with your search. The 3-6 month options sounds like a good idea to me.

-
some of them are great though, a friend of mine has got a three bed up there not far from the Oasis centre, walled etc. Pays less than 100k.