British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Spotify (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/spotify-925158/)

mission May 22nd 2019 9:31 am

Spotify

So i have finally given up on iTunes....i had amassed almost 2k songs over my lifetime (so far), not sure if that is huge no or not....all 2k songs were in my iTunes in various playlists (of course 99% of them were downloaded from dodgy websites) and i was happy as Larry. Then back in April i finally upgraded my iPhone and although i was able to transfer all my songs to my new iPhone (with the help of an external source who charged me AED 500!). But they were unable to transfer the playlists - this has proved virtually impossible to do.
For me, completely pointless having a zillion songs without different playlists. So now i either have to recreate the playlists and painstakingly transfer each and every song into it's unique playlist, or change over to Spotify and recreate my playlists in there, Fortunately i have the playlists on my old phone and so it's just a question of copying the playlists into Spotify. However, I don't want to be doing that myself and so was wondering if anyone knew of a company who could do this for me? Of course i will pay. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks.

csdf May 22nd 2019 11:59 am

Re: Spotify

Sounds like a perfect job for Mechanical Turk.

TheShed May 22nd 2019 3:37 pm

Be careful Mission. If they are not “purchased” from valid sources and you subscribe to either Apple Music or Spotify premium, I think it’ll wipe out your library. Make sure you take a secure backup oof the phone (not ICloud) as it’s linked to Apple Music, before you try the upgrades :).

scrubbedexpat141 May 23rd 2019 7:40 am

I'll do it for you. AED 10,000.

But I won't do it in Spotify, just buy Apple Music.

mission May 26th 2019 9:11 am

Thanks folks for your replies.

CSDF - err who is Mechanical Turk? or are you cranking my chain?:tounge_smile:
SHED - the idea is to subscribe to spotify and then create my playlists and hence have all the songs from spotify.
SCAMP - does that mean I would have to buy each and every song??:confused:

scrubbedexpat141 May 26th 2019 9:31 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12689217)
Thanks folks for your replies.

CSDF - err who is Mechanical Turk? or are you cranking my chain?:tounge_smile:
SHED - the idea is to subscribe to spotify and then create my playlists and hence have all the songs from spotify.
SCAMP - does that mean I would have to buy each and every song??:confused:

No, you pay X each month, same as spotify. But you might be able to save / transfer your playlists?

csdf May 27th 2019 11:53 am

Mechanical Turk is a service offered by Amazon where you pay people small amounts to do incredibly boring menial tasks.

Johnnyboy11 May 27th 2019 8:42 pm

We have the house fitted-out with Sonos One speakers all connected via wifi and Alexa to Amazon Music Unlimited, and pay a £3.99 per month subscription for the streaming service. Highly recommended, and legit.

TheShed May 28th 2019 4:41 am

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11 (Post 12689918)
We have the house fitted-out with Sonos One speakers all connected via wifi and Alexa to Amazon Music Unlimited, and pay a £3.99 per month subscription for the streaming service. Highly recommended, and legit.

we have much the same but with Apple Homepods and Apple Music. Apple Music spreads the same playlists etc acrosss my mobile devices too which is nice.

martinbkk Jun 3rd 2019 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by csdf (Post 12689742)
Mechanical Turk is a service offered by Amazon where you pay people small amounts to do incredibly boring menial tasks.

And there was me thinking it was some sort of bizarre "aid!" :lol: