Sports TV Coverage

Old Feb 10th 2010, 6:26 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sports TV Coverage

We have the Orbit Showtime sports TV package but would like to add the channels covering the Six Nations Rugby, Champions League Footy and the up-coming World Cup Footy. I thought it was ARY Digital but presumably not. Who are the TV guys in Dubai I need to contact and does anyone know how much it will cost? Will there be only Arabic commentary? Thanks for helping.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 7:49 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sports TV Coverage

Best get signed up to Al Jazeera. I heard last night they are getting the Premiership next.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:09 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
We have the Orbit Showtime sports TV package but would like to add the channels covering the Six Nations Rugby, Champions League Footy and the up-coming World Cup Footy. I thought it was ARY Digital but presumably not. Who are the TV guys in Dubai I need to contact and does anyone know how much it will cost? Will there be only Arabic commentary? Thanks for helping.
I have Evision and have just signed up to Al Jazeera sports to get the 6 Nations.

The guy said that the World Cup will also be on there.

Its 23 aed a month.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
I have Evision and have just signed up to Al Jazeera sports to get the 6 Nations.

The guy said that the World Cup will also be on there.

Its 23 aed a month.
Al Jazeera ! ? Can you get this through OSN ?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:25 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Al Jazeera ! ? Can you get this through OSN ?
It's a bit confusing (for me anyway!). I buy my TV package through E-vision (I have to, there is a monopoly on it in my building). The channels are identical to the OSN network/package.

Not sure if that answers your question
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:26 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
It's a bit confusing (for me anyway!). I buy my TV package through E-vision (I have to, there is a monopoly on it in my building). The channels are identical to the OSN network/package.

Not sure if that answers your question
I just went into the Etisalat building on SZ Rd and asked to add the AJ sports channels, paid 3 months up front and in 5 minutes I had them.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=

I hardly watch TV but has anyone seen live coverage of Olympics and what channel(s). Is it free to air or pay to view?

Cheers.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:02 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

[QUOTE=Jim Smith;8357302][QUOTE=

I hardly watch TV but has anyone seen live coverage of Olympics and what channel(s). Is it free to air or pay to view?

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Al Jazeera Sports
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone know where youcan see the Olympics live? Pay for view or free to air?
Thanks.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

If you have cable via Du or Etisalat then you can add Al Jazeera Sports easily by calling your provider.

If you have OSN then I;m pretty sure you get Al Jazeera for free now. I bought a card back in Sept, but I think 3 months ago OSN must have signed a deal with them.

As to the Premiership, Abu Dhabi Media bought the rights and they are talking about only making it available through the web to encourage the take up of high speed internet in the region. You'll need a local IP in order to subscribe.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:36 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by benzonar
If you have cable via Du or Etisalat then you can add Al Jazeera Sports easily by calling your provider. If you have OSN then I;m pretty sure you get Al Jazeera for free now. I bought a card back in Sept, but I think 3 months ago OSN must have signed a deal with them.
You certainly don't get Al Jazeerah for free with OSN. You get Sports 1+2 only. I don't think you can even pay to extend the coverage. Instead you have to pay separately for Al Jazeerah but I still don't know how. We don't get E-vision or Du either.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
You certainly don't get Al Jazeerah for free with OSN. You get Sports 1+2 only. I don't think you can even pay to extend the coverage. Instead you have to pay separately for Al Jazeerah but I still don't know how. We don't get E-vision or Du either.
Have you found the position of the channels. i.e. are they coming up scrambled or do they not show at all?

I was using a card that I had to swop out for my Showtime one, then I'm pretty sure the channels just started working without having to swop cards. If they are scrambled for you then you will need to purchase a card. About 280dhs if I remember rightly. Just find a local satellite dealer and I'm sure you can buy one, if I remember right Spugsy picked one up last year from a place in Dubai so will know where to get it. I only know of places in AD.

Last edited by benzonar; Feb 19th 2010 at 12:35 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by benzonar
As to the Premiership, Abu Dhabi Media bought the rights and they are talking about only making it available through the web to encourage the take up of high speed internet in the region. You'll need a local IP in order to subscribe.
I only watch free to air!!!

Yes it is going to be interesting to see what happens with the Premiership matches next season now AD Media have the rights. Thinking about subscribing but would prefer a satellite feed as the internet is cr.....oops not very good in my area shall we say!!
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Victor Meldrew;8357307]
Originally Posted by Jim Smith

Al Jazeera Sports
Thanks....