British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sports Talk magazine (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sports-talk-magazine-762337/)

Spugsy Jun 20th 2012 4:27 pm

Sports Talk magazine

1 Attachment(s)
I've been involved in setting up a new sports magazine for the middle east. It's out now and called 'Sports Talk', it's got local and international sports and some cracking stuff in there.

We'd appreciate any support and I hope you like it, Ta!

auzdafluff Jun 20th 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Sports Talk magazine

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 10129507)
I've been involved in setting up a new sports magazine for the middle east. It's out now and called 'Sports Talk', it's got local and international sports and some cracking stuff in there.

Any magazine edited by Ben Jacobs is a must buy. The guy's a cracking writer, and an even nicer bloke.

commander Jun 20th 2012 6:43 pm

Does it cater for all sports Spugs? Will I read about local triathlete's, cyclists etc or is it really more for mainstream sports?

Cheers

Spugsy Jun 20th 2012 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10129718)
Does it cater for all sports Spugs? Will I read about local triathlete's, cyclists etc or is it really more for mainstream sports?

Cheers

There's not too much local stuff in the first issue but yeah we want local stuff so would be nice to feature local cyclists, triathletes etc

Spugsy Jun 20th 2012 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 10129619)
Any magazine edited by Ben Jacobs is a must buy. The guy's a cracking writer, and an even nicer bloke.

Aye he is a very talented writer, I spent the night with him and Gazza last night and last week spent it with him and Big Ron, this working for a sports mag lark has its perks.

Patsy Stoned Jun 21st 2012 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 10129791)
Aye he is a very talented writer, I spent the night with him and Gazza last night and last week spent it with him and Big Ron, this working for a sports mag lark has its perks.

A threesome eh?? :D:D

The Dean Jun 21st 2012 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10130257)
A threesome eh?? :D:D

Well you were with him and Big Ron on the other night he mentions...... come to think of it - so was I............

weasel decentral Jun 21st 2012 6:46 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10129718)

Cheers

i know you are a tight scotsman but at least you could buy one issue and find out :p

commander Jun 21st 2012 7:55 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10130526)
i know you are a tight scotsman but at least you could buy one issue and find out :p

or at least leaf through a couple of pages in Spinney's

mentalist Jun 21st 2012 2:56 pm

You might want to clarify that it's Gazza holding the magazine rather than you, Spugsy.;)

Bahtatboy Jun 21st 2012 3:11 pm

Do keep up: it was Gazza holding Spugsy the other night while Big Ron ...

The Dean Jun 22nd 2012 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 10129507)

Haven't noticed it on any shelves - who is stocking it, Spugsy?

auzdafluff Jun 22nd 2012 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10132908)
Haven't noticed it on any shelves - who is stocking it, Spugsy?

Don't look near the checkouts in anywhere like Carrefour, Spineys, Waitrose etc. SportsTalk is published by CPI, and ITP spend a lot of money a year to keep its rivals' titles away from the prime space.

You'll have to look in the main magazine section for it.

Blue Cat Jun 22nd 2012 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 10133124)
Don't look near the checkouts in anywhere like Carrefour, Spineys, Waitrose etc. SportsTalk is published by CPI, and ITP spend a lot of money a year to keep its rivals' titles away from the prime space.

You'll have to look in the main magazine section for it.

it's not in LuLu I checked today

commander Jun 24th 2012 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10133157)
it's not in LuLu I checked today

You shop in LuLu? How utter council of you.