sports headphones

Old Nov 15th 2016, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sports headphones

Originally Posted by TheShed
My Beats wireless ones have been going strong for 18 months and perform like the day I bought them. Trust me, they get plenty of abuse as well.
my Beats lasted just over the year's warranty and then conked out and so I couldn't be bothered to pay for the repairs.

Last edited by mission; Nov 15th 2016 at 5:37 am.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thrillhouse
Are you looking for headphones that wrap around your head and don't pop out of your ears?

When i did triathlons/park runs I used these badboys (but i remember them being orange)

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PM.../dp/B00TEIIAZQ
I don't mind if they loop around the back of the head, or if they loop around each of your ears....as long as the 'bud' stays in your ears while you are working out - I find a lot of these 'sports' wireless headphones tend to not stay in your actual ear and then while you are working out you have to keep adjusting them, which is extremely annoying.
These actually don't look bad and aren't that expensive, but would I be able get them over here?
Old Nov 15th 2016, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
I've got a pair of Beats, but swear by Bose (I've got their NC headphones, in-ear earphones and speakers for my computer) - my headphones I've had since university so are about ~8 years old (and are awesome on a train/airplane - block out everything), and aside from replacing the earpads (which cost me less than $10), work like a charm!

Just had a look and the bluetooth sports earphones kick in at £160, so are slightly more than what you've paid for in the past but are well worth it IMO.

Failing that, I'd recommend Sennheiser.
Originally Posted by The OneEyedMan
I checked out the Bose SoundSport wireless phones in the store the other day. They were excellent, and by Bose standards relatively "cheap" at dh599. There was a version that takes your pulse also at dh799. Has anyone tried these in practice?
I've read reviews on these Bose sports one and got the impression that they also conk out (due to the sweating). I might take a trip to the Bose shop and check them out.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
I never understand the need to buy expensive headphones. Always buy the cheap chinese ones, which usually last for a month or two and then just chuck them and get new ones. Since they are super cheap it doesnt hurt when you chuck them.
and yes I am a barbarian when it comes to sound quality, hey I grew up in the days of double sided cassettes ok? If the sound wasnt that great, you just took out the cassette, wound it up tighter and cleaned the head of the player with some spit and polish
na mate I want a decent one that will last me at least a good couple of years...I go to the gym on a regular basis (3-4 times a week) and so I can't be arsed to having to keep shopping every few weeks for a new pair.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dumbo
I use the Bose Soundsport wireless (without HR because I have an alternative), they are the dogs knackers.
but do they stay in the ear hole?
Old Nov 15th 2016, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I use Yurdbuds and have for years , don't bother with really expensive ones if you're going to be doing real proper exercise as they'll just get ruined with the sweat.

You can pick an entry pair up for 200 chips and they have the lock in moulded ear piece and certified by the IM association which you can clean and wash , they're built for endurance exercise so will stand the test of time .

You'll get them in Go Sports / Virgin
Thanks mate I'll check these out
Old Nov 15th 2016, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Although a lot of these are meant to be for sport endurance, I think the sweat element tends to conk them out, even though on the packaging it says 'sweat resistant'.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 7:32 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
but do they stay in the ear hole?
yes snug fit, not had any pop out.

as for the sweating thing, there were some issues, with some people prior to September this year, they have been redesigned and I have not had any issues. I suspect it was just super sweaty people, normal peeps won't have a problem.

Edit: I use them while running.

Last edited by Dumbo; Nov 15th 2016 at 7:58 am.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dumbo
yes snug fit, not had any pop out.

as for the sweating thing, there were some issues, with some people prior to September this year, they have been redesigned and I have not had any issues. I suspect it was just super sweaty people, normal peeps won't have a problem.

Edit: I use them while running.
Thanks DUMBO...I will definitely check them out.