Spill the beans ...

Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spill the beans ...

Originally Posted by MacScot
..not if you read out what TGFKASE means...'where is the guy formally known as.....
no it should still be are...because she was referring to two people...

MM, xx
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:18 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
After the kind of days I am having with this latest batch of trainees, I would not have been good company.....
Struggling with your 'lecher' on Arabian Sunglasses were they??
(I thought I was quite savvy but the UD is something else-won't ask how you became an authoritarian on it Sexpat.I'll stick with Roget's tks)

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
no it should still be are...because she was referring to two people...
I'd say 'are' but for Marks and Spencers I'd say 'is' don't know why I tagged that piece of useless info on but hey ho...
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

but marks and spencers a single thing, ie a company, so that would be ok...("where is marks and spencers"), but you wouldn't say, "where is the two guys"...

MM, xx
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:31 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

but marks and spencers a single thing, ie a company, so that would be ok...("where is marks and spencers"), but you wouldn't say, "where is the two guys"...

MM, xx

Yes agreed it's singular, I was just doodling

x
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Yes agreed it's singular, I was just doodling

x
and i'm just being anal, ignore, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
your fav henry was being anal at CDG airport yesterday.

Season 3 is not good doll, real let down so far!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:36 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MM, xx
Help with this one....confuses me all the time....where does the apostrophe go on ....i'e' say a school announcement .... groups of children's parents or groups of childrens' parents??

Anally yours
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
your fav henry was being anal at CDG airport yesterday.

Season 3 is not good doll, real let down so far!
oh i really enjoyed it...!

MM, xx
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

oh i really enjoyed it...!

MM, xx
really, am just not into it at all, mind you have only watched a few
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Help with this one....confuses me all the time....where does the apostrophe go on ....i'e' say a school announcement .... groups of children's parents or groups of childrens' parents??

Anally yours
the former, i'd say...cos it's groups of parents of children...but what do i know...

MM, xx
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:44 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the former, i'd say...cos it's groups of parents of children...but what do i know...

MM, xx
Oh you got plenty of credible brain cells under all that wild hair girl,anways sounds right to me so the former it is.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Eva

Anally yours

I'd say the the former since school children would be considered as a single group of children. So the apostrophe s is a substitution for parents of the children, not of the childrens. It would need to be that for the apostrophe to go at the end I think.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:50 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Can you do it at idiot level for me please......or tell me the rule or give me an example of where 'childrens' is appropo.
I know I know......life me get one
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Can you do it at idiot level for me please......or tell me the rule or give me an example of where 'childrens' is appropo.
i don't think you can have childrens' can you...because children is a singular word for one group, eg the toys of the children = the children's toys...

MM, xx
Old Jun 24th 2009, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Eva
The wiki explanation isn't bad, although a bit lengthy...

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Apostrophes

I don't think there would be a relevant usage of childrens' as I don't think childrens is a word. The only relevant use I think would be similar to your example, or as in children's rights etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.