Speeding in the UAE

Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:25 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Speeding in the UAE

One for Bison... (where ever he may be)

"Further to a story I wrote for today’s National about young men filming their hopelessly reckless driving and uploading the evidence on YouTube, I’ve decided to list a few of the worst offenders here. Even though many of these young men are driving at speeds of between 150 and 270 (!) kmph on public roads, they seem completely unconcerned about the police finding their identity. Rather, they appear to be bragging about it."

http://www.jengerson.com/?p=717
Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding in the UAE

as long as there is no punishment it will continue, like someone commented on the article he had been doing work with young students who had all lost friends in car accidents. Their attitude to his question about why do it then was the typical uneducated attitude of Inshallah.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Would be interesting to find out the facts as to whether anyone in these videos, and of the recent one in the National website, actually got a follow up from the police, and more importantly, any fine/points/ban

I have a feeling that I already know the answer to that...
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
as long as there is no punishment it will continue, like someone commented on the article he had been doing work with young students who had all lost friends in car accidents. Their attitude to his question about why do it then was the typical uneducated attitude of Inshallah.
the maddening thing is, i just got two black points for parking on a pavement (and i wasn't blocking anyone or anything), plus a fine...(well, actually, monsieur medusa ended up having to have them on his licence as he went to the police station to sort it out, he was not happy...)...and it pisses me off they take action for something minor, but don't sort out these idiots on the roads...

geez, the police are bad enough, they are always on mobiles and weaving in and out of lanes without indicating...

MM, xx
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
the maddening thing is, i just got two black points for parking on a pavement (and i wasn't blocking anyone or anything), plus a fine...(well, actually, monsieur medusa ended up having to have them on his licence as he went to the police station to sort it out, he was not happy...)...and it pisses me off they take action for something minor, but don't sort out these idiots on the roads...

geez, the police are bad enough, they are always on mobiles and weaving in and out of lanes without indicating...

MM, xx
one rule for one, one for the other, it is quite sickening to say the least.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

one rule for one, one for the other, it is quite sickening to say the least.
oh totally, the people who own the house opposite the school have wasta...which is why the police have given tickets to anyone parked outside (err...and it's miles from the house, which is massive, lol...)...shame they don't stop the locals triple parking in the middle of the road at prayer time...

MM, xx
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:52 pm
Concierge

oh totally, the people who own the house opposite the school have wasta...which is why the police have given tickets to anyone parked outside (err...and it's miles from the house, which is massive, lol...)...shame they don't stop the locals triple parking in the middle of the road at prayer time...

MM, xx
on the Meadows they park on the Zebra crossing to get into the Mosque! absolute nightmare!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

on the Meadows they park on the Zebra crossing to get into the Mosque! absolute nightmare!
i know, and i bet they don't get 2 black points...aagghhhh...

MM, xx
Old Jul 20th 2009, 12:58 pm
Concierge

i know, and i bet they don't get 2 black points...aagghhhh...

MM, xx
nope because they have blacked out windows and that makes it all fine ...... sometimes