British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Speachless........... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/speachless-814281/)

britexpat76 Nov 6th 2013 3:16 pm

Speachless...........

http://dohanews.co/following-online-...rom-villaggio/

flares Nov 6th 2013 3:28 pm

Re: Speachless...........

no such thing as bad publicity

I think Burn sponsor one of the F1 teams...not Nicki Lauda's though

Kix Nov 6th 2013 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10979197)

I saw that on FB, Tactless in the extreme, Q-Media are at fault though, not Coca-Cola I would suggest.

They just don't think.

Irishbeekeeper Nov 6th 2013 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10979213)
They just don't think.

Im sorry, did you just use the words 'think' in the same sentence as describing anyone in advertising / marketing? To do that is to imply that they have feelings....:unsure:

Boomhauer Nov 6th 2013 4:15 pm

I'm think this was inadvertent, and that marketing was oblivious to the Mall fire; or am I being too optimistic on the good intentions of those responsible for approving the add?

britexpat76 Nov 6th 2013 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10979273)
I'm think this was inadvertent, and that marketing was oblivious to the Mall fire; or am I being too optimistic on the good intentions of those responsible for approving the add?

Coca Cola would have no idea but someone at Q Media should of realised or failing that the person that put them up should of thought that it was maybe inappropriate. Just highlights the general stupidity and insensitivity of the region I suppose.

Patsy Stoned Nov 6th 2013 6:02 pm

The advert was taken down..Coca Cola apologised, admitting that they knew nothing of the fire. The fault lies with Q media. Not good for them..would you hire them to do your media campaign?

britexpat76 Nov 6th 2013 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10979441)
The advert was taken down..Coca Cola apologised, admitting that they knew nothing of the fire. The fault lies with Q media. Not good for them..would you hire them to do your media campaign?

I never have and never will. (And I spend a lot on advertising)

OleJanx Nov 6th 2013 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10979724)
I never have and never will. (And I spend a lot on advertising)

The most amazing thing is that the bloke who lost his three kids apparently worked for Q-Media. So, you would think that they might just be aware of the reaction. But not really - it's situations like this that remind you of how blunt and insensitive Doha can be.

Boomhauer Nov 6th 2013 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by OleJanx (Post 10979770)
The most amazing thing is that the bloke who lost his three kids apparently worked for Q-Media. So, you would think that they might just be aware of the reaction. But not really - it's situations like this that remind you of how blunt and insensitive Doha can be.

That is mindbogglingly stupid and assholish. Doesn't seem possible that whoever approved the add placement was unaware of the circumstances.

Ronnie Biggs Nov 7th 2013 4:16 am

Boycott this place. How anyone could step foot in it again is beyond me.

Blue Cat Nov 7th 2013 6:18 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10979197)

that is terrible! glad to hear they have taken it down.

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 7th 2013 7:14 am

****ing half-wits.

Blue Cat Nov 7th 2013 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10980111)
****ing half-wits.

:goodpost:

co durham boy Nov 7th 2013 9:21 am

The most disgusting thing is that the guy from NZ Martin Weekes who lost his triplets in the fire used to work for Q Media !

Now that goes below low in anybody's book even for Qatar .