British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Spanish Grand Prix (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/spanish-grand-prix-667478/)

lionheart May 9th 2010 12:21 pm

Spanish Grand Prix

Watching the race in bloody Arabic on AD Sports 2 coz BBC Radio 5 Live says that English commentary is currently unavailable. Why? Some geezer in 7Days says its being showm in English on AD Sports F1 but I'm buggered if I can find that channel anywhere. So frustrating but the visuals are better than nothing.

Cypselos May 9th 2010 12:29 pm

Re: Spanish Grand Prix

if there's on GP a year that y you're not going to miss out much on it's this one. I've only got it via text updates so count your blessings

Victor Meldrew May 9th 2010 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8553167)
Watching the race in bloody Arabic on AD Sports 2 coz BBC Radio 5 Live says that English commentary is currently unavailable. Why? Some geezer in 7Days says its being showm in English on AD Sports F1 but I'm buggered if I can find that channel anywhere. So frustrating but the visuals are better than nothing.

I watched it on Abu Dhabi Sports 2, in English.

lionheart May 9th 2010 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew (Post 8553360)
I watched it on Abu Dhabi Sports 2, in English.

That's odd because I watched it on AD Sports 2 and it was in Arabic. Not that it helped Lewis Hamilton. I reckon some Spanish fan threw a tack on the track so he would get a puncture on the penultimate lap. Revenge against Alonso beckons at the British Grand Prix.:thumbup:

shakh your bootie May 10th 2010 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8553364)
That's odd because I watched it on AD Sports 2 and it was in Arabic. Not that it helped Lewis Hamilton. I reckon some Spanish fan threw a tack on the track so he would get a puncture on the penultimate lap. Revenge against Alonso beckons at the British Grand Prix.:thumbup:

Why not watch the Arabic version with volume off and listen to BBC 5 Live on your pc, contemporaneously? If you're really keen, have a window running the FIA's live timing, and use tweetdeck to monitor the various team's live updates....

If this fails, I'll send you my mobile number and talk you through each race...

Inselaffen May 11th 2010 4:03 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 8556300)
Why not watch the Arabic version with volume off and listen to BBC 5 Live on your pc, contemporaneously? If you're really keen, have a window running the FIA's live timing, and use tweetdeck to monitor the various team's live updates....

If this fails, I'll send you my mobile number and talk you through each race...

but he would want to know who was winning the race. 2 hours of commentary on the positions of the 2 Renaults may not excite him all that much.

captainflack May 11th 2010 6:47 am

Get a VPN - something like strongvpn.com (that has a choice of UK ip address), then you can watch the live BBC tv coverage on iplayer via your pc.

I watch at work :thumbup:

lionheart May 11th 2010 7:48 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 8556300)

I did that for the Chinese GP but for some reason, the BBC 5 Live commentary was unavailable for the Spanish GP and I got Geoffrey Boycott discussing some old test cricket instead.

shakh your bootie May 11th 2010 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 8556929)
but he would want to know who was winning the race. 2 hours of commentary on the positions of the 2 Renaults may not excite him all that much.

Laugh as long anf hard as you will. We have 4 world champioships to our name, and will win again.