British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sounds Like A Cracker (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sounds-like-cracker-603611/)

lionheart Apr 15th 2009 4:42 am

Sounds Like A Cracker

Having lost the home leg 1-3 to Chelski, you would have expected Liverpool to bow out of the Champions League quietly, but no. By half-time they were 2-0 up and on course for one of the most dramatic come-backs ever. Chelski had other ideas, however. Soon it was 3-2 to Chelski and tie over, but no. Two goals in rapid succession meant Liverpool were leading 4-3 and needing just one more goal to go through. In the end, the Blues snatched a late fourth to tie the game 4-4 and so Chelski go through. If only it had been aired on Showtime...what a great game of football.

Spugsy Apr 15th 2009 6:00 am

Re: Sounds Like A Cracker

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7481112)
Having lost the home leg 1-3 to Chelski, you would have expected Liverpool to bow out of the Champions League quietly, but no. By half-time they were 2-0 up and on course for one of the most dramatic come-backs ever. Chelski had other ideas, however. Soon it was 3-2 to Chelski and tie over, but no. Two goals in rapid succession meant Liverpool were leading 4-3 and needing just one more goal to go through. In the end, the Blues snatched a late fourth to tie the game 4-4 and so Chelski go through. If only it had been aired on Showtime...what a great game of football.

yeah I know, I was gutted not to see it, saw some goals on youtube but its not the same.

Spugsy Apr 15th 2009 6:01 am

aye I know, shame I missed it, it sounds bloody great.

Still Barca are odds on favourites for me, they are running away with the league in Spain, they are still in the cup and they are on fire, scoring goal after goal every week.

BangleMan Apr 15th 2009 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7481274)
aye I know, shame I missed it, it sounds bloody great.

Still Barca are odds on favourites for me, they are running away with the league in Spain, they are still in the cup and they are on fire, scoring goal after goal every week.

I hope Barca give Chelski a good hiding....

All waving their little plastic flags at the end, plastic f**** flags for a plastic f***** club with plastic f****** 'fans', the ultimate 'where were you when you were shit' glory-hunting twats.

This despicable mob could only pull in 10,000 for home games in the early days of the Premier League.

Good to see that nice Frank Lampard in top badge-kissing form as well, what a ponce.

I despise them with a passion, the embodiment of everything that's wrong with the game today.

deemi786 Apr 15th 2009 6:09 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7481281)
I hope Barca give Chelski a good hiding....

All waving their little plastic flags at the end, plastic f**** flags for a plastic f***** club with plastic f****** 'fans', the ultimate 'where were you when you were shit' glory-hunting twats.

This despicable mob could only pull in 10,000 for home games in the early days of the Premier League.

Good to see that nice Frank Lampard in top badge-kissing form as well, what a ponce.

I despise them with a passion, the embodiment of everything that's wrong with the game today.

so you're not a Chelsea fan then....

BangleMan Apr 15th 2009 6:11 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7481289)
so you're not a Chelsea fan then....

I would rather support Newcastle, thats how much I dislike them

Spugsy Apr 15th 2009 6:15 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7481295)

We wouldn't have you mate, not with your tipped hair.

You'd at least need a shaved head and to take your top off at the match....

BangleMan Apr 15th 2009 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7481308)
We wouldn't have you mate, not with your tipped hair.

You'd at least need a shaved head and to take your top off at the match....

what do you mean, its Newcastle coloured hair, ......black and white

You're right Im far too good looking and trim to fit in with your pie munching mob

deemi786 Apr 15th 2009 6:21 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7481295)

Chelsea dont really annoy me but Man Utd......grrrrrrrrrrrr.....

The Dean Apr 15th 2009 7:56 am

I sensed a touch of 'Hillsborough mood' about Liverpool last night.

A performance of stunning passion and creativity (they were easily the better side - 4-4 was an outrageous injustice), but even at 2-0 up, and again at 4-3 up late on, there was no wild celebration after the goals went in - just a simple 'retrieve the ball, brief handshakes, back to the centre circle' approach.

Very dignified...........

............ unlike the embarrassing and offensive heap of writing Chelsea bodies after bringing it back to 2-2. Shameful.

BangleMan Apr 15th 2009 8:07 am

talking of Showtime, does anyone know if they retain rights to the Premiership games next season....am assuming they do, as this was / is their 2nd year, and contract was probably for 3 years im guessing ?

Spugsy Apr 15th 2009 8:11 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7481568)
talking of Showtime, does anyone know if they retain rights to the Premiership games next season....am assuming they do, as this was / is their 2nd year, and contract was probably for 3 years im guessing ?

Well I hope so, althoguh they'd do well to get rid of that gurning nonce McCaffrey and get someone in who knows what they are talking about and doesn't just make a tit of themselves week in week out.

The Dean Apr 15th 2009 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7481575)
Well I hope so, althoguh they'd do well to get rid of that gurning nonce McCaffrey and get someone in who knows what they are talking about and doesn't just make a tit of themselves week in week out.

Have you noticed how he used to be "Rob" and now he's "Robert"? Pretentious git.

By the way, you should all e-mail into the live "Goals On Monday" show next week, to test my theory - that only e-mails from senders with Arabic names are ever read out...........

Blue Cat Apr 15th 2009 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7481575)

and that is one of the main reasons, I can't stand old upside down face, that I don't watch the footy!

Blue Cat Apr 15th 2009 11:55 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7482048)
Have you noticed how he used to be "Rob" and now he's "Robert"? Pretentious git.

By the way, you should all e-mail into the live "Goals On Monday" show next week, to test my theory - that only e-mails from senders with Arabic names are ever read out...........

I wanted to break into the studio and boff him :eek: