Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

sorry folks, ANOTHER car thread

sorry folks, ANOTHER car thread

Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default sorry folks, ANOTHER car thread

Apologies folks for yet another car thread, but since a lot of you are fairly knowledgeable about cars and i do respect your insight and advice, i wanted to know what you folks think about the BMW M2?
I am very close to sealing the deal...am going for another test drive on Friday and then it's decision time.
I was looking at the RS3 (which i think is in a similar league, or i could be wrong) but i just don't like the shape of the car, and personally i don't really need a 4 door car.
Would be very interested to know what you folks think. Thanks
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: sorry folks, ANOTHER car thread

Don't buy a car, just walk. It's far better for you.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Don't buy a car, just walk. It's far better for you.
SCAMP as always, a breath of fresh air
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mission
SCAMP as always, a breath of fresh air
Imitations of shit advice aside...what's the difference between the RS3 and the S3?
One of them must be 3 door?

I think the Grand Tour show reviewed the M2 you were talking about and thought it was unreal...best M Car ever made etc etc.

What about a Golf GTI or R32?
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Imitations of shit advice aside...what's the difference between the RS3 and the S3?
One of them must be 3 door?

I think the Grand Tour show reviewed the M2 you were talking about and thought it was unreal...best M Car ever made etc etc.

What about a Golf GTI or R32?
to be honest i am not sure what the difference is between the S3 and RS3 - both i think are 4 door.
I've already had the Golf GTI, which i upgraded to the Golf R. They don't make the R32 anymore, it's just now called the Golf R.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Mission , don`t drive.... just bounce there!!!
Old Nov 7th 2017, 6:58 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
to be honest i am not sure what the difference is between the S3 and RS3 - both i think are 4 door.
I've already had the Golf GTI, which i upgraded to the Golf R. They don't make the R32 anymore, it's just now called the Golf R.
S3 v RS3: How can you be considering them if you don't know what they are? One's quick, the other's mental. Just use google.

Golf R's good. If you don't need 4 doors then get this if you really want some oomph:

Audi TT RS Plus review - price, specs and 0-60 time | Evo

M2 will be wasted without any twisty bits to scare the shit out of yourself. Have you actually taken a RWD to and beyond its limits?
Old Nov 7th 2017, 7:12 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

What he said, if you're not going to drive like you stole it, pointless buying it.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 7:28 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Is there going to be VAT on cars? If yes then whatever needs to be bought has to be done before 31 Dec I guess
I cannot add more to whatever has been or will be said about cars but I do know after driving here for a few years that I fail to see the point in owning a fast car because there is no place where you can actually throw it around and have some proper fun. And I dont call the occasional accelerating from nought to a 100 proper fun because it gets boring after a while. Unless you dont care how many fines you get for speeding, what will a fast car accomplish in this city except stroking ones own ego or catfishing some young people outside of Barasti?
Old Nov 7th 2017, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Porsche Cayman S would be a better option imo.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 7:49 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gavtek
But I don't think that Mission is Lebanese. I honestly believe that you have to be Lebanese to drive a Porsche in Dubai??
Old Nov 7th 2017, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 7th 2017, 8:20 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
But I don't think that Mission is Lebanese. I honestly believe that you have to be Lebanese to drive a Porsche in Dubai??
aw cmon, you cant designate ALL porches to Lebanese? thats just monopoly
I rather fancy a Carrera, but not the new ones, they all look the same
the old ones would be a nice vintage car to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, till the mechanic's bill do us part

Sort of like this beauty.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Mission , don`t drive.... just bounce there!!!
hahaha

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
S3 v RS3: How can you be considering them if you don't know what they are? One's quick, the other's mental. Just use google. i haven't really looked into it because the shape alone puts me off

Golf R's good. If you don't need 4 doors then get this if you really want some oomph:

Audi TT RS Plus review - price, specs and 0-60 time | Evodon't like the TT's at all...just loathe the shape of it

M2 will be wasted without any twisty bits to scare the shit out of yourself. Have you actually taken a RWD to and beyond its limits?
not to toot my own horn but having driven various other sport cars i am confident that I know how to handle a car like an M2 - otherwise, no point in getting something like that, if you aren't really going to be put it to good use

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Is there going to be VAT on cars? If yes then whatever needs to be bought has to be done before 31 Dec I guess
I cannot add more to whatever has been or will be said about cars but I do know after driving here for a few years that I fail to see the point in owning a fast car because there is no place where you can actually throw it around and have some proper fun. And I dont call the occasional accelerating from nought to a 100 proper fun because it gets boring after a while. Unless you dont care how many fines you get for speeding, what will a fast car accomplish in this city except stroking ones own ego or catfishing some young people outside of Barasti?
actually i enjoy the thrill of putting my foot down be it at the traffic lights or some w*nker trying to take me on in his yaris. And there are PLENTY of roads where you can kill a car - you just aren't a car person, and i guess you won't understand which is fair enough
Old Nov 7th 2017, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gavtek
na almost every other tom, dick & harriet has a porsche, besides which again, i don't like that box shape.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.