British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sorry to ask this on here and not EW (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sorry-ask-here-not-ew-694014/)

spartans53 Nov 18th 2010 12:33 pm

Sorry to ask this on here and not EW

House maid's husband has just had a bad motorbike accident, bronken his back and won't walk for months. She has to return to Shri Lanka to look after him. Does anyone know of a good lady who could work for us??? Please shout out...

Any help would be welcome.

Ethos83 Nov 18th 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Sorry to ask this on here and not EW

*clearing throat*

Ahem.

*adopts best expatwoman tone*

Your maid's husband "broke" his back? How do you know she's not lying and only wants a few weeks off?

Is your maid legal? If she's illegal send her back ASAP with no gratuity. Not only that deduct her her last month's salary to cover the expense of having to deal with a part time agency.

Does your maid make the orange juice the night before? If so, tell her she can't come back and she must reimburse the visa costs.

Ok, serious tone now.

Just google maid agencies Dubai and get a part time cleaner till your maid can come back (if she does! don't bet on it).

Originally Posted by spartans53 (Post 8989504)
House maid's husband has just had a bad motorbike accident, bronken his back and won't walk for months. She has to return to Shri Lanka to look after him. Does anyone know of a good lady who could work for us??? Please shout out...

Any help would be welcome.

spartans53 Nov 18th 2010 12:45 pm

She is not very good and if she goes back it is to look after her husband so we will cancel her visa. I did not think it was true but our old maid called us and said it was all kosher. We have had a bit of bad luck in the past and recomendations seem to work the best.

Also we have had the whole of Sri Lanka on the phone to get her home, might be a good scam but she will be leaving a bit earlier than we would have wanted but we need a replacment so we can get her home asap.

Mike

Blue Cat Nov 18th 2010 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by spartans53 (Post 8989529)
She is not very good and if she goes back it is to look after her husband so we will cancel her visa. I did not think it was true but our old maid called us and said it was all kosher. We have had a bit of bad luck in the past and recomendations seem to work the best.

Also we have had the whole of Sri Lanka on the phone to get her home, might be a good scam but she will be leaving a bit earlier than we would have wanted but we need a replacment so we can get her home asap.

Mike

are you giving a visa? my maid quit her agency job recently and is looking for a full time permanent position. DM for me for more information. She is on a visit visa at present but has an immigration ban, can you get round that. She is lovely :thumbup:

commander Nov 18th 2010 4:37 pm

clean the house yourself, good training that:D

soukie Nov 18th 2010 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8989861)

:thumbsup:Keeps you fit as well - no need for expensive gym memberships.

spartans53 Nov 19th 2010 3:06 pm

Cheers BC will give you a shout if the one my better half seems to have sorted falls thru.

Expected a bit more stick from BE crowd but our main use of a maid is to mind the kids after school till my wife is back from work which is 3.30pm some days.

I'm getting enough excercise at the moment cheers.

Thanks.

lionheart Nov 19th 2010 4:22 pm

Presumably you are not loaning her any money. If so, don't expect to get it back. Good luck with your search for a replacement. It might help if you mention where you live.

Meow Nov 20th 2010 11:24 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8989861)

Do YOU clean your house?

commander Nov 20th 2010 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8993428)
Do YOU clean your house?

thats what i have been doing all day

Meow Nov 20th 2010 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8993495)
thats what i have been doing all day

How exciting for you.

commander Nov 20th 2010 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8993521)
How exciting for you.

not really, but thanks for the concern

spartans53 Nov 21st 2010 5:28 am

Cheers for the replys

Haven't loaned her any money and seem to have a new maid sorted by my wife.

Mike

Bahtatboy Nov 21st 2010 6:46 am

Originally Posted by spartans53 (Post 8994407)

Haven't loaned her any money and seem to have a new maid otherwise known as my wife.

Mike

That's the way to go!