British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sore arse (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sore-arse-734569/)

kittycat1 Oct 4th 2011 2:06 pm

Sore arse

I think I've hurt my coccyx bone- at wild wadi of all places:rolleyes: Jokes aside it really is quite painful and seeing as my job I am mostly sat on it most of the day so I am shuffling in my seat like I've been attacked by an ass bandit. So has anyone any experience with this- do I need a doctor or a chiropracter or a physio? and can anyone recommend anyone or anything that wil relieve the pain?

Thanks

Kittycat
xxx

auzdafluff Oct 4th 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Sore arse

I've PM'd you.

Millhouse Oct 4th 2011 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 9656827)
I've PM'd you.

come on man. let us all in on your secret for sorting out ass pain.

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 5th 2011 4:30 am

think of relieving the pain as pushing out a dent. From the inside.

I suggest a middle finger, maybe two even.

auzdafluff Oct 5th 2011 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9657304)
come on man. let us all in on your secret for sorting out ass pain.

Fighting fire with fire ;)

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 5th 2011 5:01 am

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 9658173)
Fighting fire with fire ;)

Sore arse healing process involves eating a hot cuzza?

mentalist Oct 5th 2011 6:29 am

You are by no means the first to get a sore arse from Wild Wadi. It should come with a health warning.:(

Bahtatboy Oct 5th 2011 6:52 am

2 Attachment(s)
I did that some time ago, can't remember how. Doc said there's nothing to do but let time and your own body heal it. At home I've got one of these, and they are brilliant--spreads your weight between your arse and your knees, and moves the pressure off the base of your spine onto your buttocks. Don't know where they're available here, though.

Attachment 103332

Attachment 103333

Alternatively, if you have someone close enough who could kiss it better...

kittycat1 Oct 5th 2011 9:34 am

Alternatively, if you have someone close enough who could kiss it better...
Sadly not - single again :(

kittycat1 Oct 5th 2011 9:35 am

I don't eat curry and i know I am no doctor but I don't actually think that would work anyway!

Spugsy Oct 5th 2011 9:50 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9656750)
I think I've hurt my coccyx bone- at wild wadi of all places:rolleyes: Jokes aside it really is quite painful and seeing as my job I am mostly sat on it most of the day so I am shuffling in my seat like I've been attacked by an ass bandit. So has anyone any experience with this- do I need a doctor or a chiropracter or a physio? and can anyone recommend anyone or anything that wil relieve the pain?

Thanks

Kittycat
xxx

Don;t think there's much you can do, you bruised the bone, probably the most painful bone you can bruise - take painkillers and wait, that's about it.

flares Oct 5th 2011 10:33 am

I did something similar at The Triangle Leisure Centre, Burgess Hill (no less) a few years back

Taking my 18 month old son down the water slide I sat down in the go position whilst holding the boy and not supporting myself and misjudged it a tad and cracked the base of my back on a bit of the slide.

Anyways got to the bottom of the slide and couldn't move. Went into shock. Excruciating pain. Gas. Ambulance to Royal Sussex County Hospital. Maximum dose of morphine and a night in the hospital.

Did heal itself OK quite quickly but the pain...the pain

Millhouse Oct 5th 2011 10:36 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 9658652)
The Triangle Leisure Centre,

I've heard it called many things but never the triangle leisure centre. I'll have to put that one in the bank.

Patsy Stoned Oct 5th 2011 11:57 am

get a small rubber ring to sit on darling ( like the kiddies swimming aid..but only blow it partly up), it will take the pressure off the bruising. Also use some arnaca cream or if it is really sore some voltern cream/tablets

Blue Cat Oct 6th 2011 6:17 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9658582)
Don;t think there's much you can do, you bruised the bone, probably the most painful bone you can bruise - take painkillers and wait, that's about it.

get some Profanid, its an anti inflammatory :) did you do it on a slide?