British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Something We All Knew Already (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/something-we-all-knew-already-641521/)

commander Nov 22nd 2009 9:37 am

Re: Something We All Knew Already

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8116339)
There are various different personality styles, I think I turned out to be a classic romantic, if I was in a panto I would be Prince Charming, if that makes sense.

No, it makes absolutely no sense at all im afraid...Prince charming is a bloke

Blue Cat Nov 22nd 2009 9:38 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8116350)
No, it makes absolutely no sense at all im afraid...Prince charming is a bloke

but they always wear long flowing sleeves etc!! and they are normally a woman dressed as a bloke :p each to their own, I think it works :p

commander Nov 22nd 2009 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8116351)
but they always wear long flowing sleeves etc!! and they are normally a woman dressed as a bloke :p each to their own, I think it works :p

well thats all that counts..

sounds like your on drugs but heh, good luck

Blue Cat Nov 22nd 2009 9:46 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8116362)
well thats all that counts..

sounds like your on drugs but heh, good luck

I agree :thumbup:

Madam Medusa Nov 22nd 2009 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8116349)
it isn't honestly, you want to see how shit I look in anything that has a yellow base - orange, lime green etc, makes my lips go blue!!!

but you know what suits you and what doesn't...i really think this colours thing is money for old rope, and there do seem to be a few mugs out there prepared to do it...

MM, xx

Norm_uk Nov 22nd 2009 10:26 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 8115199)
Yeah...I get two week knees when buying expensive watches - usually end up getting scratched.

I stopped wearing my watches for precisely that reason. Have a nice draw full of them now...

N.

Blue Cat Nov 22nd 2009 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8116427)
but you know what suits you and what doesn't...i really think this colours thing is money for old rope, and there do seem to be a few mugs out there prepared to do it...

MM, xx

each to their own :p I always thought I looked good in Lime Green, trust me I don't!!!

Madam Medusa Nov 22nd 2009 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8116512)
each to their own :p I always thought I looked good in Lime Green, trust me I don't!!!

oh yeah, thank god we're not all the same...it just amazes me people fork out money for someone to state the bleedin obvious...

anyway, good luck to you...!

MM, xx

Blue Cat Nov 22nd 2009 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8116516)
oh yeah, thank god we're not all the same...it just amazes me people fork out money for someone to state the bleedin obvious...

MM, xx

thanks MM :thumbsup:

MataHari Nov 22nd 2009 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8116516)

MM, xx

the thing I have against these sort of businesses is that they will 'train' anyone who pays...they don't care if you have no experience in fashion or make up related fields...for them it's just a moneymaking scheme, they will teach you a load of vague 'feel good' terms and some psyco babble about colours and how you can appear more confident, and therefore get easier access to a happier life, better chances to meet the right man, to find the right job etc etc...the word 'confidence' needs to be used a lot, lol...

commander Nov 22nd 2009 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8116583)
the thing I have against these sort of businesses is that they will 'train' anyone who pays...they don't care if you have no experience in fashion or make up related fields...for them it's just a moneymaking scheme, they will teach you a load of vague 'feel good' terms and some psyco babble about colours and how you can appear more confident, and therefore get easier access to a happier life, better chances to meet the right man, to find the right job etc etc...the word 'confidence' needs to be used a lot, lol...

but what type of people actually believe and would pay to be told this?

Either extremely rich, vain or stupid.

or all of above.

I agree with you, i wouldnt take anyone serious who believed in this..and for a business to be a success, you need to believe and have a deep deep understanding of the product..otherwise it will be seen as a pure moneymaking gimmic for the gullable, marketed by nothing more than an amateur salesperson..

this is the latter i think.

No offence BC but a 'get rich quick' online course wont make you suzanne and trinny will it?

Jeeper Nov 22nd 2009 12:36 pm

Save yourself paying for such advice....this is all you'll get.

http://www.ehow.com/how_3249_choose-colors-flatter.html

Meow Nov 22nd 2009 12:59 pm

Negative day today, is it?

Fact is many people choose to wear colours that do nothing for them and many could do with a bit of a hand to look better. Some people get it right instinctively. Others think they look good in a certain outfit, but really don't. The colour thing is harmless and optional, so I don't get all the negativity abut it, unless people are trying to sound superior.

As for the article about the jeans, I quote "We didn't test for fit, fashionability" . Perhaps these things matter to some people? That is their choice after all. They may be the most durable jeans in the world, but if they are badly cut and so don't look good on, then what is the point? It appeared that the conclusion was that the mid priced ones were actually the best and I doubt many people here would really wear £8 jeans with a Tesco logo on them...

-

MataHari Nov 22nd 2009 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8116670)
Negative day today, is it?

Fact is many people choose to wear colours that do nothing for them and many could do with a bit of a hand to look better. Some people get it right instinctively. Others think they look good in a certain outfit, but really don't. The colour thing is harmless and optional, so I don't get all the negativity abut it, unless people are trying to sound superior.

-

nothing to do with sounding superior Meow...but if you think 6,500 pounds is a good investment to be trained as a colour consultant then I don't agree.
It's a moneymaking scheme where you have to put in a large amount of money and after that they don't really care, as is always the case with this type of set up...Amway, tupperware etc etc

Meow Nov 22nd 2009 1:48 pm

I never said anything about the value of the course and know nothing about it. I simply said that not everyone knows what suits them. You don't usually try and put words into people's mouths.

I just think is is wearisome that so many of the posts on this site are so negative.

-