Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Something We All Knew Already

Something We All Knew Already

Old Nov 21st 2009, 6:50 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Something We All Knew Already

Which is better made, the Dhs48 pair of jeans or the Dhs720 pair of jeans?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...120-jeans.html
Old Nov 21st 2009, 11:57 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something We All Knew Already

Originally Posted by lionheart

Status and showing off always cost more and very rarely get you anything worthwhile in return.

N.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 1:03 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

I must admit to spending more than I should over the years on clothes and occasionally still do,recently I bought some jeans and t's from tesco thinking they would be good for work as I was away from home and not taken enough clothes and they were a good fit and are still in good nick and I have worn them while out in Dubai.
As Dubai is so expensive and not even the latest range I have started buying mid range priced clothing with the occasional replay and boss which still attract me in when I am vulnerable(usually pay weekend or duty free)
In the uk I find people more judgemental about clothing,but saying that I dont get out enough in dubai so maybe thats why.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 4:46 pm
Squirrely Wrath!

graham_s is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart

I pay no attention to clothing brands, most of my clothing comes from tesco or asda in the UK.
Watches on the other hand.....

Ok I've got one weakness...
Old Nov 21st 2009, 5:24 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham_s
I pay no attention to clothing brands, most of my clothing comes from tesco or asda in the UK.
Watches on the other hand.....

Ok I've got one one weakness...
Yeah...I get two week knees when buying expensive watches - usually end up getting scratched.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

The odd thing about Dubai is that despite all the flash and glam and superficiality, I dress far less expensively here than I did in the UK or the States.

I have a wardrobe full of expensive shirts and shoes that I never wear except when there's a business meeting. Back home I've got loads of expensive jumpers and polar fleeces and outdoor gear that I obviously never wear.

Out here my standard work kit is a pair of khakis and a faded cotton shirt (still neatly ironed by the maid, but still). Weekend means spending all day in salt-stained bathing trunks or khakis and a t-shirt and flip flops.

In two years in Dubai I might have bought perhaps two clothing items out here.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

There's nothing like a tailor-made shirt. For under eighty dirhams too....
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 1:19 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynster
I must admit to spending more than I should over the years on clothes and occasionally still do,recently I bought some jeans and t's from tesco thinking they would be good for work as I was away from home and not taken enough clothes and they were a good fit and are still in good nick and I have worn them while out in Dubai.
As Dubai is so expensive and not even the latest range I have started buying mid range priced clothing with the occasional replay and boss which still attract me in when I am vulnerable(usually pay weekend or duty free)
In the uk I find people more judgemental about clothing,but saying that I dont get out enough in dubai so maybe thats why.
ditto...
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 5:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

it's nothing to do with the clothes and everything to do with the colour, I am going to be training to become a Colour Analysist with a company called House of Colour, get the right colours and you will always look good (gift vouchers available for the lady/man in your life)

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 7:50 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it's nothing to do with the clothes and everything to do with the colour, I am going to be training to become a Colour Analysist with a company called House of Colour, get the right colours and you will always look good (gift vouchers available for the lady/man in your life)

.....I think you need a voucher for the cat too.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 8:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
.....I think you need a voucher for the cat too.
the cat has been done and is a summer, hence the blue
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 9:02 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

for the 'small investment' of 6,500 pounds...hmmmm
just been reading their website, sounds like a bit of a scam type thing to me...

anyway, as far as I am concerend, it's everything to do with the clothes and what bodytype you are and far less about the actual colour...and furthermore, all colours come in many many different shades, red isn't just red...and most people will not be able to find the right shade of the colours that suits them, even if they have had training...you really need to have an eye for the actual nuance, the undertone, of the colours which is something that is very hard to learn...
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 9:33 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by MataHari
for the 'small investment' of 6,500 pounds...hmmmm
just been reading their website, sounds like a bit of a scam type thing to me...

anyway, as far as I am concerend, it's everything to do with the clothes and what bodytype you are and far less about the actual colour...and furthermore, all colours come in many many different shades, red isn't just red...and most people will not be able to find the right shade of the colours that suits them, even if they have had training...you really need to have an eye for the actual nuance, the undertone, of the colours which is something that is very hard to learn...
which is why I am getting the training. It is actually all to do with what colour skin tone you are. If you are blue based then you will suit either the strong colours of the winter palette or the softer summer colours, and suit white gold/silver as opposed to yellow cold. All the colours in those two palettes are very blue based. If your skin tone is yellow based then you will be either an Autum or a Spring palette, and suit yellow gold as opposed to white. Red is actually one colour that does appear in every palette but as you say it is the tone that makes the difference. My red is a strong blue based read like a bus where are my friend who is an autumn suits a much more tomatoey red. It isn't only about the colours though you are right, once I have done the Colour thing I will go on and do the style course. There are various different personality styles, I think I turned out to be a classic romantic, if I was in a panto I would be Prince Charming, if that makes sense.

The different seasons tend to dress and look better in different styles. I look better wearing 5 different colours blended, Atilla looks better in blocks of colour as he is a Winter. It really is quite interesting when you get into it.

edited to add - learning the colours is quite easy as you get a swatch of all your colours and at what percentages you should wear them.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 9:34 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like a load of old crap to be honest
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 9:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by commander
sounds like a load of old crap to be honest
it isn't honestly, you want to see how shit I look in anything that has a yellow base - orange, lime green etc, makes my lips go blue!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.