British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Someone needs to learn the meaning of 'amnesty' (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/someone-needs-learn-meaning-amnesty-792708/)

Meow Apr 3rd 2013 7:57 am

Someone needs to learn the meaning of 'amnesty'

http://www.7daysindubai.com/Unmarrie...ail/story.html

"Four mums who handed themselves and their children in during a UAE immigration amnesty have been jailed because the kids were conceived out of wedlock."

Because these dreadful criminals are a real danger to others, as are the innocent children also imprisoned. It was supposed to be an amnesty FFS!

Disgraceful behaviour from the courts.

Kix Apr 3rd 2013 8:08 am

Re: Someone needs to learn the meaning of 'amnesty'

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10637673)
http://www.7daysindubai.com/Unmarrie...ail/story.html

"Four mums who handed themselves and their children in during a UAE immigration amnesty have been jailed because the kids were conceived out of wedlock."

Because these dreadful criminals are a real danger to others, as are the innocent children also imprisoned. It was supposed to be an amnesty FFS!

Disgraceful behaviour from the courts.

There's a bit of a clue in the quote, it says "UAE immigration amnesty".

Meow, we all know the sex out of wedlock etc. laws here, unfortunately the poor women who were convicted probably thought amnesty meant just that, check in to the amnesty centre and get a free ticket home.

Sadly naive.

The fact that the boyfriends all left when they found out the gf was pregnant speaks volumes.

Meow Apr 3rd 2013 8:12 am

Yes, we all know the laws, but the issue is the dishonesty of the legal system. And the unfairness.

They should just have been deported for breaking these laws, not imprisoned as that is of no benefit to anyone and they are not a danger to society. Naturally the men are not punished, despite being equally responsible for breaking the law.

Boomhauer Apr 3rd 2013 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10637687)
Yes, we all know the laws, but the issue is the dishonesty of the legal system. And the unfairness.

They should just have been deported for breaking these laws, not imprisoned as that is of no benefit to anyone and they are not a danger to society. Naturally the men are not punished, despite being equally responsible for breaking the law.

Case of UAE not following the spirit of the law .

mentalist Apr 3rd 2013 12:05 pm

Sorry Meow, but you cannot really blame the courts. The law is the law. If the illegals had stolen money, for example, would they have been exonerated simply because of the UAE immigration amnesty? However, I do agree that the law regarding unmarried mums is bloody ridiculous and needs bringing into the 21st century.:frown:

scot47 Apr 3rd 2013 3:17 pm

If you don't like the 15th century why did you come to the Gulf ?

seven seas Apr 3rd 2013 3:25 pm

There's an immigration amnesty- I'll be off now. I will be ever so offended if they even dare to bring up the three people I killed. And the stolen boat. And I poached the queen's swans.

britexpat76 Apr 3rd 2013 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 10638301)
There's an immigration amnesty- I'll be off now. I will be ever so offended if they even dare to bring up the three people I killed. And the stolen boat. And I poached the queen's swans.

Having a child out of wedlock should not be compared to killing someone or theft..........

What good does it serve locking them up before deporting them? They wanted to be deported in the 1st place only now the morons pay to feed them in a cell............:huh:

Boomhauer Apr 3rd 2013 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10638496)
Having a child out of wedlock should not be compared to killing someone or theft..........

What good does it serve locking them up before deporting them? They wanted to be deported in the 1st place only now the morons pay to feed them in a cell............:huh:

....and the little kids are also in the jail , with their moms....
Spitefull bastards.

Maxima Apr 3rd 2013 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10638496)

:

It is all about perspective; to most people raping a boy is a far worse crime than having a child outside marriage, yet a rapist gets sentenced to 3 months and the mother to 6 months.

redShark Apr 3rd 2013 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10638589)
....and the little kids are also in the jail , with their moms....
Spitefull bastards.

While I believe that the women should have been given a pardon and let leave the country, you on the other hand, don’t seem to be outraged at the behaviour of those spiteful bastards who impregnated the poor women and fled when they discovered they were expecting. Do you think those poor kids would be more angry with the UAE authority or rather with their own disgraceful fathers!!!

Couldn’t those bastards wed those woman when they discovered they were pregnant and saved the kids all these agonies!!!

britexpat76 Apr 3rd 2013 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10639090)
While I believe that the women should have been given a pardon and let leave the country, you on the other hand, don’t seem to be outraged at the behaviour of those spiteful bastards who impregnated the poor women and fled when they discovered they were expecting. Do you think those poor kids would be more angry with the UAE authority or rather with their own disgraceful fathers!!!

Couldn’t those bastards wed those woman when they discovered they were pregnant and saved the kids all these agonies!!!

And I am sure in the rest of the world every pregnant woman is married?? You talk utter shite.

Meow Apr 4th 2013 6:18 am

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10639090)

And sentence the women to lives with unreliable, selfish men? Hardly an ideal solution is it?

We all know there are stupid laws in place here, but human nature means these particular ones will be broken again and again. Some people need to get over their obsession with the private lives of others and worry about more important issues.

Irishbeekeeper Apr 4th 2013 6:34 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10639136)
And I am sure in the rest of the world every pregnant woman is married?? You talk utter shite.

redShark Apr 4th 2013 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10639546)
And sentence the women to lives with unreliable, selfish men? Hardly an ideal solution is it?

We all know there are stupid laws in place here, but human nature means these particular ones will be broken again and again. Some people need to get over their obsession with the private lives of others and worry about more important issues.

So why does the law in Europe punishes for the act of incest then???