Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Some people never learn

Some people never learn

Old Aug 18th 2013, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some people never learn

I am not sure that they should have used this word! MESMERIC

mesmeric - attracting and holding interest as if by a spell; "read the bedtime story in a hypnotic voice"; "she had a warm mesmeric charm"; "the sheer force of his presence was mesmerizing"; "a spellbinding description of life in ancient Rome"
mesmerizing, spellbinding, hypnotic
attractive - pleasing to the eye or mind especially through beauty or charm; "a remarkably attractive young man"; "an attractive personality"; "attractive cloth

http://thesaurus.com/browse/mesmeric
Old Aug 18th 2013, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned

mesmeric - attracting and holding interest as if by a spell; "read the bedtime story in a hypnotic voice"; "she had a warm mesmeric charm"; "the sheer force of his presence was mesmerizing"; "a spellbinding description of life in ancient Rome"
mesmerizing, spellbinding, hypnotic
attractive - pleasing to the eye or mind especially through beauty or charm; "a remarkably attractive young man"; "an attractive personality"; "attractive cloth

http://thesaurus.com/browse/mesmeric
On the plus side, it's still an apology.

I wonder if it'll save them from prosecution / persecution?
Old Aug 18th 2013, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
On the plus side, it's still an apology.

I wonder if it'll save them from prosecution / persecution?
It is so not an apology..... This is how a statement and apology goes.... "I am so sorry for my totally crass advert, it was stupid and totally inappropriate..I humbly apologise and offer everybody a free weeks work out in my gym."
Old Aug 18th 2013, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I have been trying to work out what word he meant to use.

We don't want you to come to CF, Pats - you're too fit and you'd show us all up
Old Aug 18th 2013, 1:30 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
Why bother? With very, very few exceptions (yes you, Patsy dearie) the fitness industry and its buff acolytes are universally illiterate, or so it seems.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

It is so not an apology..... This is how a statement and apology goes.... "I am so sorry for my totally crass advert, it was stupid and totally inappropriate..I humbly apologise and offer everybody a free weeks work out in my gym."
I'm in a good mood, post holiday anti-blues you could call it, so I'm trying to see the positives in things.

It was an attempt, so they get credit for that.

Let's not forget Patsy, they're only gym monkeys...the spoken word might not be a strong point, it smacks of Shift F7 (I think that's thesaurus in Word?).
Old Aug 18th 2013, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

OMG!! I am truly gob smacked darling....are you part of CF? Using the word "we"
Old Aug 18th 2013, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Why bother? With very, very few exceptions (yes you, Patsy dearie) the fitness industry and its buff acolytes are universally illiterate, or so it seems.
Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm in a good mood, post holiday anti-blues you could call it, so I'm trying to see the positives in things.

It was an attempt, so they get credit for that.

Let's not forget Patsy, they're only gym monkeys...the spoken word might not be a strong point, it smacks of Shift F7 (I think that's thesaurus in Word?).
Here is my problem... It is important for me to understand that all of the people who come to me... want to talk about ...their body image, their aims/goals etc.....I never train anybody unless we have a face to face consultation. I have to understand what they want and know that what I do is going to help them.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Here is my problem... It is important for me to understand that all of the people who come to me... want to talk about ...their body image, their aims/goals etc.....I never train anybody unless we have a face to face consultation. I have to understand what they want and know that what I do is going to help them.
Isn't that kinda obvious.....?
Old Aug 18th 2013, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Isn't that kinda obvious.....?
Well no..actually as I have said over and over, it doesn't seem to be obvious..... I have lots of people who come to me and are amazed that I insist on a face to face consultation before I agree to train them. Apparently there are lots of trainers/gyms who don't actually give a damn about how/what people feel..... feet on treadmills spring to mind.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Well no..actually as I have said over and over, it doesn't seem to be obvious..... I have lots of people who come to me and are amazed that I insist on a face to face consultation before I agree to train them. Apparently there are lots of trainers/gyms who don't actually give a damn about how/what people feel..... feet on treadmills spring to mind.
Yep. I could write a thesis on bad gym/trainer experiences in the UAE.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yep. I could write a thesis on bad gym/trainer experiences in the UAE.
You need to come and have a chat with me darling ..... let me show you what I do..how I do it...then you could write about professional, ethical, conscientious personal trainers :-D
Old Aug 18th 2013, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

You need to come and have a chat with me darling ..... let me show you what I do..how I do it...then you could write about professional, ethical, conscientious personal trainers :-D
I absolutely don't doubt it
Old Aug 20th 2013, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

I absolutely don't doubt it