British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Some people never learn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/some-people-never-learn-806081/)

UKCityGent Aug 15th 2013 5:29 pm

Re: Some people never learn

Sounds like the character from Dodgeball

"Here at Globo Gym we understand that ugliness and fatness are genetic disorders, like baldness or necrophilia, and it's your fault if you don't hate yourself enough to do something about it."

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/201...l-quotes-gifs/

jam25mack Aug 18th 2013 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10852317)
He has a history of poor taste ads and attention seeking.

Some of us have seen the ads and no I haven't called the police if that is what is being suggested. The owner seems like a vile specimen from everything I know about him and for the record his denials about not approving the holocaust ads are fake.

The reasons cited for legal action are ridiculous, but the whole attitude of the company is that of an arrogant meathead.

I'm being zen about it now, as I assume the people who approve of their unpleasant attitudes will go to the gym so they are all together in one place, away from decent people. Maybe they'll pull a muscle or two.

You really do seem to hate this guy with a passion even though, and correct me if I am wrong, you've never even met him.... :ohmy:

I have met him several times and can tell you that you are waaaay off the mark with your comments, however, it seems like you have hard on for him so carry on with your character assassination, which by the way is also a crime in the UAE. :blink:

Fossildog Aug 18th 2013 5:59 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 10856120)
You really do seem to hate this guy with a passion even though, and correct me if I am wrong, you've never even met him.... :ohmy:

I have met him several times and can tell you that you are waaaay off the mark with your comments, however, it seems like you have hard on for him so carry on with your character assassination, which by the way is also a crime in the UAE. :blink:

The irony is that liberals espouse giving everyone a voice and then are shocked and offended when those voices do not tally with their own opinions

Meow Aug 18th 2013 6:41 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 10856120)

Some people are not important enough to 'hate witha passion'. You must have experienced that.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 18th 2013 6:46 am

I haven't seen these ads but they don't sound great.

Still, what I do despise is circuit factory wankers giving it stacks non stop when you meet them, even if you don't know them that well. I thought my very placid, laid back mrs was going to hit a woman who asked her not to drink red bull near her because "she feels sick from the smell of all the chemicals".

If that's the average participant at their gym then ****ing let them have it, I would rather they spent their time there than in the public domain.

LaLaLayla Aug 18th 2013 7:28 am

I love Circuit Factory. Most of their advertising is great, even the fattist stuff for which they get a lot of stick. It makes a refreshing change from all the 'Love Your Curves' bullshit.

And I don't mind Red Bull if it has vodka in it :D

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 18th 2013 7:38 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 10856195)

And I don't mind Red Bull if it has vodka in it :D

It did, that didn't help her though!

Patsy Stoned Aug 18th 2013 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10856154)
mrs was going to hit a woman who asked her not to drink red bull near her because "she feels sick from the smell of all the chemicals".

If that's the average participant at their gym then ****ing let them have it, I would rather they spent their time there than in the public domain.

I would have told the bitch to move if she didn't like it... and that I felt sick from the smell of her breath :rofl:

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 18th 2013 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10856209)
I would have told the bitch to move if she didn't like it... and that I felt sick from the smell of her breath :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

I wasn't particularly polite after I'd heard some of this stuff, but I'm a believer in letting her stick up for herself if she's annoyed by something.

Disclaimer time: I've got pals who go there and love it and get what they need / want from it. Therefore I'm certain not everyone is a complete plank.

Patsy Stoned Aug 18th 2013 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10856214)
:rofl::rofl:

I wasn't particularly polite after I'd heard some of this stuff, but I'm a believer in letting her stick up for herself if she's annoyed by something.

Disclaimer time: I've got pals who go there and love it and get what they need / want from it. Therefore I'm certain not everyone is a complete plank.

I am not saying that because she is from CF.....I would say that to anybody who commented on something that I was drinking. ;)

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 18th 2013 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10856218)
I am not saying that because she is from CF.....I would say that to anybody who commented on something that I was drinking. ;)

Oh yeah, especially when you've just met them.

Some people just aren't up to scratch eh Patsy.

Patsy Stoned Aug 18th 2013 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10856268)
Oh yeah, especially when you've just met them.

Some people just aren't up to scratch eh Patsy.

Indeed darling.....if those people were itching, I would never scratch them.
:D

LaLaLayla Aug 18th 2013 10:02 am

Circuit Factory have just sent round an email offering a free week of traning to everybody. This was the covering note:

"We hope this free week of training will mend hearts and bring peace to the families affected by our mesmeric stupidity. With abundant love x"

Norm_uk Aug 18th 2013 11:28 am

Most agree that it's offensive. This issue is whether calling the police/authorities is warranted.

I think not using his gym is the best thing I can do to hurt the twat...not that I use gyms - haven't found one with a good bar and ashtrays built into the machines.

N.

Patsy Stoned Aug 18th 2013 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 10856378)
Circuit Factory have just sent round an email offering a free week of traning to everybody. This was the covering note:

"We hope this free week of training will mend hearts and bring peace to the families affected by our mesmeric stupidity. With abundant love x"

Oh..send me the link darling..maybe I will give them a try :)