British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Some days this place really p's me off (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/some-days-place-really-ps-me-off-593148/)

Nic1 Feb 22nd 2009 11:48 am

Some days this place really p's me off

We are all set to drive to Dubai (again) tomorrow for some medical tests, paperwork all in order, or so we think. We've been told other half needs a Saudi driving license before they will issue exit papers for the car . . . This is the third time we'll have driven out of the Kingdom but the first time we need a Saudi driving license - which is a blody joke itself as apparently something like 60% of drivers on the roads in Riyadh don't have a license of any sort . . . .

aaaaaagh. AND the weather is crap too.

N

Madam Medusa Feb 22nd 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Some days this place really p's me off

Originally Posted by Nic1 (Post 7310267)
We are all set to drive to Dubai (again) tomorrow for some medical tests, paperwork all in order, or so we think. We've been told other half needs a Saudi driving license before they will issue exit papers for the car . . . This is the third time we'll have driven out of the Kingdom but the first time we need a Saudi driving license - which is a blody joke itself as apparently something like 60% of drivers on the roads in Riyadh don't have a license of any sort . . . .

aaaaaagh. AND the weather is crap too.

N

least you can have a big glass of wine when you get here, lol...

MM, xx

Nic1 Feb 22nd 2009 12:57 pm

yum yum - can't wait and bacon butties all round for breakfast. . . .

What's the weather like ? It's pretty crap here.

N

Madam Medusa Feb 22nd 2009 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Nic1 (Post 7310431)
yum yum - can't wait and bacon butties all round for breakfast. . . .

What's the weather like ? It's pretty crap here.

N

it's lovely at the mo, getting much warmer, was about 32 degrees today...

MM, xx

Nic1 Feb 22nd 2009 1:00 pm

better get my shorts out then - and you'd all better get your sunglasses out as my ultra-white legs will cause some glare. This place has the worth weather . . .

N

Blue Cat Feb 22nd 2009 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Nic1 (Post 7310438)
better get my shorts out then - and you'd all better get your sunglasses out as my ultra-white legs will cause some glare. This place has the worth weather . . .

N

when do you get here? hope it's nothing serious - medical tests :(

Nic1 Feb 22nd 2009 3:02 pm

arrive tomorrow eveing inshallah . . . . DD having seizures, can't get decent help here so trying Dubai - ha, is that a joke ?

N

Squirty Cream Feb 22nd 2009 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Nic1 (Post 7310668)
arrive tomorrow eveing inshallah . . . . DD having seizures, can't get decent help here so trying Dubai - ha, is that a joke ?

N

Good luck with the medical stuff.

Enjoy the perks of being out of Saudi even if it is only the UAE!!!!

Nic1 Feb 22nd 2009 3:31 pm

It is going to be so nice to be there - looking forward to a bit of normality - which is such a joke - going to Dubai for normality ? Shows just how crazy it is here :)

Thanks
N

Madam Medusa Feb 22nd 2009 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Nic1 (Post 7310668)

N

oh i really do hope they can sort it out for you...good luck...

MM, xx