Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Sod the rest of you eh!

Sod the rest of you eh!

Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:38 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sod the rest of you eh!

Dubai to prioritise payments to favoured contractors
Published: 24 April 2009 15:25Author:Matthew Martin | More by this AuthorLast Updated: 24 April 2009 15:25
Dubai will only settle debts with contractors it wishes to work with in future, despite receiving $10bn from the Central Bank of the UAE to meet its obligations, according to sources close to the distribution of the rescue package.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:40 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sod the rest of you eh!

Originally Posted by rowell View Post
Dubai to prioritise payments to favoured contractors
Published: 24 April 2009 15:25Author:Matthew Martin | More by this AuthorLast Updated: 24 April 2009 15:25
Dubai will only settle debts with contractors it wishes to work with in future, despite receiving $10bn from the Central Bank of the UAE to meet its obligations, according to sources close to the distribution of the rescue package.
Just means a faster departure schedule for most of those planning on leaving anyway......
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

From what I heard, developers have been told to negotiate all outstanding payments to contractors/other creditors down by 40% and only then will they be allowed access to the funds.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

yup, brilliant example of ethical business practise and amazing forethought there.
when things eventually pick up and they will eventually although not to previous levels, you'll find the metro extension, new bridge or whatever will be being built by flip flop limited with a work guarentee of 5 minutes post construction.......idiots
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:03 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, and the number of companies willing to bid for work will be astounding... or they'll factor the newly-realised risk factor into their price. I hope Dubai finds loads of money from somewhere, 'cos they're going to pay for it!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:24 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG View Post
From what I heard, developers have been told to negotiate all outstanding payments to contractors/other creditors down by 40% and only then will they be allowed access to the funds.
Exactly what happened to us yesterday IndieG...- I think you'll know who with too.
TBH, I won't believe we are getting anything until we actually have it in the Bank but I am told there were definite&positive expressions of intention to pay at a big meeting yesterday so I have everything crossed.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Expat doesnt pay his/her debt = prison.
Local companies don't pay their massive debts = cash gift from govt.

sums it up really!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:31 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
Expat doesnt pay his/her debt = prison.
Local companies don't pay their massive debts = cash gift from govt.

sums it up really!
You don't wanna get me started on that one Inse!!!.........
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva View Post
You don't wanna get me started on that one Inse!!!.........
maybe I do