British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   So who's fault is it anyway... was their really any point in seeing the police? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/so-whos-fault-anyway-their-really-any-point-seeing-police-572239/)

MrsHaps Nov 10th 2008 9:24 am

So WHOSE fault is it anyway... was THERE really any point in seeing the police?

So you are driving along in your car, in your lane, within the speed limit. A big Nissan pulls in front of you and his trailer comes into contact with the side of your car, i mean the whole side of your car.

The Nissan doesnt stop, so you flash and beep your horn, still not stopping. So you pull up along side the Nissan, put down your window and tell him he has just hit your car... he laughs and speeds off.

So you take his registration number.

You go to the police and report it.... the police say....

It is your fault, we can not do anything to the driver of the other car because even though he was driving the car the trailer could belong to anyone and the trailer caused the damage....

What we actually mean is the driver is a local and we arent bothered, here have a red ticket! G THANKS!

Another perk of living in Dubai!

The Dean Nov 10th 2008 9:27 am

Re: So who's fault is it anyway... was their really any point in seeing the police?

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 6958115)
So you are driving along in your car, in your lane, within the speed limit. A big Nissan pulls in front of you and his trailer comes into contact with the side of your car, i mean the whole side of your car.

The Nissan doesnt stop, so you flash and beep your horn, still not stopping. So you pull up along side the Nissan, put down your window and tell him he has just hit your car... he laughs and speeds off.

It is your fault, we can not do anything to the driver of the other car because even though he was driving the car the trailer could belong to anyone and the trailer caused the damage....

What we actually mean is the driver is a local and we arent bothered, here have a red ticket! G THANKS!

If you'd asked them "whose" fault it was, instead of "who's", they might have treated your case more sympathetically.........

Charismatic Nov 10th 2008 9:32 am

Re: So who's fault is it anyway... was their really any point in seeing the police?

Next time perhaps you should get his/her address and leave a message on their car...in spray paint ;).

MrsHaps Nov 10th 2008 9:33 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6958118)
If you'd asked them "whose" fault it was, instead of "who's", they might have treated your case more sympathetically.........

sorry on a rant.. not taking notice of the english hence the mistake also in the heading... how come you didnt pick it up?

The Dean Nov 10th 2008 9:37 am

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 6958140)
sorry on a rant.. not taking notice of the english hence the mistake also in the heading... how come you didnt pick it up?

Aaaaarrrggghhhhh.......... "their"/"there" ............. my pet hate.

I'll get me coat................

MrsHaps Nov 10th 2008 9:40 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6958149)
Aaaaarrrggghhhhh.......... "their"/"there" ............. my pet hate.

I'll get me coat................

I posted it and thought shit - just worked out the go advance button.... there we go im calm your calm we are all at peace with the world! Apart from Dubai police!

MrsHaps Nov 10th 2008 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6958135)
Next time perhaps you should get his/her address and leave a message on their car...in spray paint ;).

Actually it wouldnt be my fault and technically the tin of spray print could belong to anyone!

Hello.Kitty Nov 10th 2008 9:47 am

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 6958176)
Actually it wouldnt be my fault and technically the tin of spray print could belong to anyone!

yes, even though you may be holding it at the time... gosh, that's incredible.

I'd love to live in a society where I could do anything and just laugh at the people who complain... saying that, I have firm plans of a sooped-up mobility scooter, bright purple rince and umbrella-inna-holster when I'm waaaay older.

MissDemeanor Nov 10th 2008 9:57 am

Re: So WHOSE fault is it anyway... was THERE really any point in seeing the police?

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 6958115)

that is ridiculous!!..I would have done my nut!

Charismatic Nov 10th 2008 10:00 am

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 6958176)

Or if you drove someything like this:
http://screenrant.com/images/death-race-3000-car.jpg
or
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/...ile-resize.jpg
I think their both sexy :p, bet angles like that would do a lot of damage.

MissDemeanor Nov 10th 2008 10:01 am

that second one looks like a beetle.

Charismatic Nov 10th 2008 10:05 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6958224)

New bat mobile.

On the positive side you could crash them as often as you wanted and not have to worry about dents :rofl:.

MissDemeanor Nov 10th 2008 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 6958234)
New bat mobile.

On the positive side you could crash them as often as you wanted and not have to worry about dents :rofl:.

perfect for my first car then!:D

Charismatic Nov 10th 2008 10:09 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6958240)
perfect for my first car then!:D

I pitty the insurance company.

Still not sorted out with a car MD? :( Get that fella of yours onto it :).

Roadking Nov 10th 2008 10:11 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6958224)

Like the new beetle advert...:thumbsup: