British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   So whos a christmas orphan? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/so-whos-christmas-orphan-696683/)

kittycat1 Dec 12th 2010 2:51 pm

So whos a christmas orphan?

The bored seems quiet today- have the majority buggered off for Chrimbo already?

So if your staying here what are you up to?

xxx

Blue Cat Dec 12th 2010 3:16 pm

Re: So whos a christmas orphan?

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9036282)
The bored seems quiet today- have the majority buggered off for Chrimbo already?

xxx

nothing planned, most people are away so we will have a quiet one in the house :thumbup:

BBCONE Dec 12th 2010 3:36 pm

xxx

I'm a Christmas orphan!! Moved to Al Ain a few weeks ago so can't leave for Christmas. I can honestly say this is the worst move I have ever made! Never been so bored nothing to do in this place!! Can't see it getting any better over Christmas either - I hope your will be better than mine!!!

oktoberon Dec 12th 2010 10:23 pm

xxx

Was looking forward to having the grand children - not to be....
so as the song goes.... alone naturally:(

Bijilo123 Dec 13th 2010 2:34 am

Originally Posted by BBCONE (Post 9036351)
I'm a Christmas orphan!! Moved to Al Ain a few weeks ago so can't leave for Christmas. I can honestly say this is the worst move I have ever made! Never been so bored nothing to do in this place!! Can't see it getting any better over Christmas either - I hope your will be better than mine!!!

Well happy Xmas and find something to enjoy yourself. Just remember the reasons you came to the Middle East and accept that whilst it may not be easy to adjust initially, you can eventually make it good for yourself.

Best wishes.

benzonar Dec 13th 2010 2:50 am

Well I was due to go back to the UK but due to various reasons (broken engagement, dick head boss etc) I am stuck in Dubai.

Not all bad as I met a stunning new lady so spending xmas with her and her folks.

lionheart Dec 13th 2010 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9036319)
nothing planned, most people are away so we will have a quiet one in the house :thumbup:

But I thought you were in the UK already?:confused:

The Dean Dec 13th 2010 7:24 am

Originally Posted by BBCONE (Post 9036351)

Sorry to break it to you so bluntly, but you've chosen Al Ain and there is no easy answer............

I'd rather be in Saudi than Al Ain. Full stop. End of.

Bahtatboy Dec 13th 2010 8:31 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9037379)
Sorry to break it to you so bluntly, but you've chosen Al Ain and there is no easy answer............

I'd rather be in Saudi than Al Ain. Full stop. End of.

And I'd rather spend a hundred nights in Al Ain than one in Saudi (unless I could stay at Le Meridien in Khobar and have their Sushi Lover's dinner, which would bring the ratio down to about 20:1).

Blue Cat Dec 13th 2010 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9037255)
But I thought you were in the UK already?:confused:

I am but I am back in Dubai on 21st ;)